|Mohamed A. Zohdy, Ph.D.|
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
342 EC; (248) 370-2234; Fax: (248) 370-4633
- B.A.Sc Elect. Eng. (1st Hons), University of Cairo
- M.A.Sc Elect. Eng., University of Waterloo
- Ph.D. Elect. Eng. (Medal), University of Waterloo
- Faculty memeber at Cairo and Waterloo Universities
- Senior Research Engineer in Egyptian and Canadian industry
- Advanced control and estimation,intelligent pattern information processing, neural, fuzzy, evolutionary systems, chaos control, smart simulation, hybrid systems.
- Potential extensions to government, industry; recent seed funds on Fuel Cell modeling and control for transportation, hold considerable promise for improving vehicle energy supply
- Micromotor analysis; has an impact on a variety of applications including biomedical engineering
- Control of biological regulatory networks; would be instrumental in sensors, environmental, pharmacology innovations
- A. Harb, M. Zohdy, “Chaos and Bifurcation Control using nonlinear recursivecontroller”, Nonlinear analysis: modeling and control,V.7,N.2, pp37-43,2002.
- A. Alqaisia, A. Zaher, M. Zohdy,” Robust estimation-based control of chaotic behavior in oscillator with elastic nonlinearities”, Journal of Vibration and control, V.8, 2002
- M. Karam, M. Zohdy, H. Abdel-aty-Zohdy, “A Modular Dynamic Recurrent Neural Net for Robust Optimal Control Design”, Control and Intelligent Systems, vol 31, no 3, 2003.
- A. Harb, A. Zaher, M. Zohdy,” Recursive backstepping control of chaotic oscillators”, In press, Int. J. Nonlinear Dynamics in Engineering Systems.
- M. Zohdy, F. Caliskan, “Robust Quadratic stabilization applied to design of continuous and discrete observers”, In press, ISAT Journal.
- A. Zaher, M. Zohdy, F. Areed,” Adaptive nonlinear control of biped walker”, Computer applications in Industry, San Diego, pp82-86,2002.
- H. Ibrahim, M. Zohdy, “Neuro-genetic nonlinear controller for a micro-resonator”, Proc.ACC, 3835-3839, Anchorage, AK, 2002.
Rolls Royce, Spar, GM Research, DaimlerChrysler
- IEEE SEM Director Students Activities
- Aerial Robotic Competition
- ESE UGCC, SECS UGCC
- MSSI NSF term
- King/Chavez/Parks and McCree Programs
- SME/ESD Future City Competition
- Spring 98 SYS520 Signal and Linear Systems Analysis
- Winner 98 SYS630 Optimal Control Theory
- Fall 97 SYS431 Automatic Control Systems
- Fall 97 HC207 Honors College course on Information Therory
- Fall 97 HC207 Honors College course on Chaos Theory
- PI, “Fuel Cell System for Transportation”, $25K, USDA(DOE), 2003.
- PI, “Sensors and Actuator application” GMPT, in-kind, 2003.
- PI, “Fuel cell modelling”, REF, State of MI, 2003.
- PI, “Collaborative multiple robot control”, USRS, 2002.
- PI, “Automotive Control”, World Bank 2003, Pending