Master of Public Health
Partnering with local non-profits, health care agencies, corporations, and more, students will have the opportunity to conduct research, determine community needs and develop initiatives to make a positive impact all the while completing coursework in pursuing the degree.
Applications are due FEBRUARY 1, 2016
Fall 2015 Information Sessions will be posted soon. If you have questions please email Janice Eaton at email@example.com
The MPH program celebrated their first graduating class in 2015 with immense success. The program debuted fall 2013 to accommodate student demand for graduate education opportunities and employer demand for well-trained and highly skilled public health professionals.
Proposed Master of Public Health Program Curriculum
- MPH Core Required Courses (20 credits)
- Statistical Methods in Public Health
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Introduction to Environmental Health Sciences
- Organization & Administration of Health and Medical Care Programs
- Foundations of Health Behavior and Health Education
- Cross-Cutting Competency Courses (8 credits)
- Principles of Community-Based Participatory Research
- Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation of Public Health Interventions
- Required Culminating Courses (8 credits)
- Public Health Practicum
- Public Health Capstone
- Elective Courses (8 credits)
- Official transcripts indicating baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution
- Undergraduate overall grade point average of at least 3.0
- Application for Admission to Graduate Study
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score from within the last five (5) years
- Three (3) recommendation forms and supporting letters from faculty members, supervisors, or professional mentors
- Personal Statement of no more than 1000 words describing the applicant’s reasons for seeking an MPH degree, related public health experiences, and long-term professional goals.
- International applicants will additionally have to meet the University’s standards established in the International Student Supplemental Application Packet.