ANNOUNCEMENTSTwo Associate Professors in Health Sciences have been promoted to Professors. Patricia A. Wren, Ph.D, MPH has been promoted to Professor, Health Sciences and John Krauss, PT, Ph.D. has been promoted to Professor, Physical Therapy.
Dr. Lynne Williams, Professor and Program Director, Biomedical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services, received the 2016 American Society of Clinical Laboratory Sciences-Michigan Lifetime Achievement Award recognizing her service in advancing, promoting, and improving the Medical Laboratory Sciences profession.
Three School of Health Sciences faculty were nominated for OU's Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award presented by the Grad Council: Dr. Tami Hew-Butler, Dr. Brian Gosli, and Dr. Melodie Kondratek.
Every year, Oakland University students and faculty members express their gratitude in a memorial service honoring the deceased individuals who donated their bodies to advance medical knowledge. Watch the OUWB and SHS Anatomy Memorial video.
- Kevin Ball named dean of OU's School of Health Sciences
- Health Sciences professor honored in Voices Under 40 program
- Health Sciences professor earns Lifetime Achievement Award from state group
- Honors College students present at National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- Margo Rae Stanfa wins Oakland University's Outstanding Thesis Award
- Health Sciences professor honored with national humanitarian award
- Bridge the Gap program provides free physical therapy for stroke survivors
School of Health Sciences
Continuing education is offered by the School of Health Sciences Center for Professional Development in order to meet the educational needs of health sciences professionals. Specialized contract programs are also provided to meet the unique professional staff development needs of employers in health care, business and industry, government and other settings. Programs are individually tailored to meet the specific workplace needs of professionals and employers. Programs and courses are offered either for university credit or noncredit. When noncredit programs and courses are offered, they carry the nationally recognized Continuing Education Unit (CEU).