ANNOUNCEMENTSStudent group holds annual event to increase awareness on homelessness and raise funds for local non-profit. November is Homelessness Awareness month and a group of students created an educational program in which students constructed cardboard shelters and braved the cold November nights as the Slept-Out against homelessness. Form more information watch the Channel 4 news video.
- Master's of Public Health class coordinates OU for Unity Panel
- The OU PT Program welcomes Dr. Kornelia Kulig back to OU
- Physical therapy and nursing students share insights on best practices, interventions in cadaver lab
- "Fight the Night" Program is call to action to fight homelessness
- Physical therapy special instructor earns research award
- Oakland University partners with Auburn Hills Senior Services for prevention focused program
- Richard Rozek retires as university marshal following 2016 convocation ceremony
- Health Sciences professor shares expertise on TruTV Tuesday night
- $64K grant to support study on Arab and Chaldean American depression screening
- Kevin Ball named dean of OU's School of Health Sciences
School of Health Sciences
The School of Health Sciences serves over 2400 undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and post-professional students through a singular model of advancing community-engaged translational relationships - connecting theory to best practices in four thematic areas.
- Interdisciplinary Health – our undergraduate program in health sciences offers concentrations in nutrition, holistic health, and pre-health professions while the applied health sciences program offers degree completion opportunities for health specialized associate degree holders.
- Biomedical Professions – education in biomedical diagnostic and therapeutic sciences includes pre-professional and medical laboratory science, histotechnology, radiologic technology and nuclear medicine.
- Human Performance – doctor of physical therapy and master of exercise science degree programs offer post-professional degrees and certificates, and support for undergraduate health sciences program concentrations.
- Public and Environmental Wellness – comprehensive programs consist of undergraduate wellness, health promotion and injury prevention, undergraduate and graduate environmental health and safety, and the master of public health.
Our beautiful platinum LEED-certified campus facilities and broad clinical and community-based opportunities offer an ideal supportive environment for students, faculty, staff and partners to create and enjoy innovative learning, meaningful service, and vibrant research pursuits.
in purpose for health