Apply For Housing
An Important Message from University Housing
Thank you for your interest in on-campus housing. We are very grateful that you would like to be a part of our community! Unfortunately, we have reached our capacity of available rooms and do not currently have a space for you.
However, we would like to strongly encourage you to consider joining our waitlist. We know from experience that over the course of the next several months, a percentage of people will choose to cancel their housing contracts for a number of reasons. When that happens, it opens space for those who are on our waitlist.
We also plan to secure a number of temporary housing spaces at a staffed hotel location adjacent to campus, where some of the students on our waitlist will be able to live until space opens up for them on campus. More information about temporary housing will be provided in August to those on the waitlist.
To join the waitlist, you simply need to submit an online housing contract. We will assign waitlisted students to available rooms in the order in which their contracts were received as space becomes available. When we are able to place you, you will be notified by email.
If we are not able to place you in on-campus housing by the time the school year begins on September 3, you may choose to continue to remain on the waitlist for a placement during the fall or winter semesters, or may cancel your housing contract free of charge at that time.
Directions for applying online
- Log in to the portal using your Grizzly ID number (capital G and 8 digits) and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Click on the Applications tab, and then choose the contract period for which you are applying.
- Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
- Complete the Student Preference page.
- If you want to live with a particular OU student, list his/her name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- meaning, your roommate must also list YOU as his/her choice of roommate (you will NOT be matched with a student unless he/she also lists you as a requested roommate). We make every effort to meet all roommate preferences, however we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
- Select a meal plan option. Residence hall students must select a meal plan; if you do not, a default plan will be selected for you. Students who plan to live in the apartments or cottages are not required to have a meal plan but may choose a voluntary meal plan on the preference page of the contract, or may purchase one at check-in, if so desired.
- Review and complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a housing contract confirmation.
University Housing – Residence Halls
448 Hamlin Hall
Rochester, MI 48309
Submitting a contract is just the first part of the process. After the contract submission period, returning residents will have a chance to choose their roommates and their rooms. Roommate and room selection will take place in a series of phases, which are organized by population and location. Students will be notified via email when it is time to participate in roommate and room selection. Please visit our Returner Sign-Up Site for complete details. Simply click on the button that describes your circumstances to find out more about the phases in which you will participate.