With an open and relaxing environment, Oakland University's Recreation Center is as much a home for the occasional user as for the sports enthusiast. This contemporary 140,000 square foot facility offers something for everyone, no matter your fitness goals.
|Indoor Track||Studio 919|
|Cardio Area ||Social Lounge|
- Cardio Equipment
- Strength Equipment
- Spin Bikes
- Medicine Ball Wall
- Stretching Mats
Note: Court 3 Fitness will be closed to general usage during scheduled Group Ex Cycle Classes
Court 5 Fitness
- TRX Suspension Training System
- 2 Rowers
- Punching Bag
- Cable Cross Over Machines
Note: Court 5 Fitness will be closed to general usage during schedule Group Ex Classes or Group Personal Training Classes3-Court Gym
- 19,760 sq ft
- Comfortably fits 600 people
- No food allowed
- A/V: None
- Setups: Basketball, volleyball, badminton
- 3,840 sq ft
- No food allowed
- A/V: None
- Setups: Basketball
- 759 sq ft
- Comfortably fits 30 people
- A/V: Ceiling mounted LCD projector, level II classroom technology, computer, DVD/VCR, document imager, laptop connections, video camera connections
- Comfortable fits 30 people
- A/V: TV, DVD/VCR
- 2,107 sq ft
- Primary use: Group Exercise
- Additional setups: Walleyball
Day Use Lockers
All Day Use Lockers are available free of charge. Patrons may bring their own lock or rent a lock from the Service Desk for $0.50 per use. Personal and rented day use locks must be removed from Day Use Lockers by posted closing time. Locks that are not removed prior to close will be cut and locker contents will be bagged and stored at the owner's expense ($5.00 locker content storage fee).
Lockers available for day use are located:
- Men's Locker Room
- Women's Locker Room
- Across from Service Desk
- Across from the Activity Center
- Near the Track Entrance
- Outside Studio 919
A limited number of lockers are available for rent in varying durations. Locker rentals require a valid membership and will expire on the same day as the membership. A lock is included in all locker rentals.
|Prices||1/2 Height Lockers||Full Height lockers|
|4 Month / Semester||$15||$30|
- OU Students can renew their locker rental for the following semester beginning the day after the last day of exam week.
- OU Benefit Eligible Employees and Retirees can renew their locker for the next calendar year beginning the second Monday in December.
- Paid Members may renew their locker upon renewing their membership.
Lost and Found
The Department of Campus Recreation strongly recommends that individuals not bring valuable items to the facility when working out. All found items will be held at the Service Desk until the end of the following calendar month. Valuable items, such as wallets, phones and jewelry, will be immediately turned over to the OU Police Department.
Rec Center Members can check out equipment for a variety of activities at the Service Desk in the lower level of the Recreation Center. A valid Rec Center membership card is required to check out equipment.
- Equipment is due back at the conclusion of use or at building close, whichever comes first.
- Individuals checking out equipment are responsible for the proper treatment and timely return of the equipment issued.
- Returning equipment damaged may result in a replacement fee being assessed to the individual.
- Failure to return equipment in a timely or at all may result in a late or a replacement fee being assessed to the individual (please see fee notes below).
- Basketballs (men's and women's)
- Jump Ropes
- Table Tennis Paddles
- Soccer Balls
- Weight Belts
- Dip Belt
- Stability Discs
- Sliding Discs
- Foam Rollers
- Kick Boards
- Resistance Bands
- Boxing Gloves
- TRX Sets
- Aqua Jogging Belts
- Youth Life Jacket
- Yoga Mats (class participants only)
- Bosu Balls
- Hand Paddles
- Day Use Combination Lock ($0.50)
- Badminton Racket ($0.50)
- Racquetball Racket ($0.50)
- Aqua Fitness Barbells ($0.50)
Equipment not returned by posting closing time and is:
- Found in the building by staff or
- Returned at a later date
Will be assessed a replacement fee.
|Equipment for Sale||Price Per Item|
|DCR Water Bottle||$8.00|
|Table Tennis Ball||$0.50|
|Plain White T-Shirt||$3.75|
|"This is OU Campus Rec" T-Shirt||$10.00|
|Speedo Sprint Goggle||$10.00|
|Swim Ear Plug (Pair)||$2.00|
|Swim Nose Clip||$2.50|
|Bungee Swim Goggle Strap||$5.50|
|Silicone Swim Goggle Strap||$2.75|
|Hello, Grizz Book||$15.00|
|CPR Face Shield/Gloves Key Chain||$4.00|
|Clif Builder’s Protein Bar||$2.00|