ServicesOU INC structures services to meet your needs. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Applied research and technology development
- Access to sponsored business training courses and programs
- Business and marketing planning
- Intellectual property management
- Assistance with financing and capital acquisition for start-up and spin-off businesses
- Assistance with developing loan and grant program proposals
- Business diagnostic assessments • Analysis of core aspects of business management competencies to help develop entrepreneurial skills
- Formal and informal business assistance counseling from qualified business coaches and partner business development, governmental agencies and corporations
- Access to Oakland University facilities including: laboratories; conference rooms, teleconference capabilities, testing, training, and quality control facilities
- Create and assign volunteer advisory board of advisers for tenants or affiliate membership client companies
Business Advisory Board and Resource Matrix
Each client company has the opportunity to work with a Business Advisory Board, a group of 10-12 mentors who discuss where you are, where you want to be and how to reach that goal.
OU INC created the Business Advisory Board program designed to assist its client companies with strategic planning, financial management and reaching its business goals. This concept has already proven successful in several other incubator facilities nationwide. The volunteer based OU INC Business Advisory Boards commit to meet with the client company founders and management team members for a quarterly review of company milestones, product development and financial progress.
In addition, volunteers may also serve as an advisor to a client, as a mentor, a subject matter expert, or potentially as a service provider. This resource matrix broadens the depth of services and resources to assist businesses in accelerating their ideas to market.