586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
Office Hours during Winter 2017 semester:
Monday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Upcoming Recruiting Events
- 03/18/17 - Go For The Gold
- 04/12/17 - GM JumpStart Employee Grad Fair at Tech Center
- 04/22/17 - Human Health Day
- 05/3/17 - Transfer Student Open House (OU Macomb County)
- 07/12/17 - Transfer Student Open House
Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning hosts events each year for prospective and current graduate students. View the list of events for the upcoming 2016-2017 academic year below.
Ph.D. students get-together
Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning is inviting all Ph.D. students to a monthly get-together for the purpose of building a Ph.D. students community and to discuss topics of interest to all Ph.D. students. Our focus is to create a doctoral students community where students can share experiences and discuss topics of interest to them.
We have scheduled the following dates in the Nyberg Room (242) in the Library from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - PowerPoint presentation
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - Canceled
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Topic of discussion: Promoting yourself to the world
If you are interested in participating, please submit the RSVP form provided on each date.
Dean's choice graduate video competition
Do you have what it takes to creatively capture the life of an Oakland University graduate student in a video? Graduate Study is inviting graduate students to create and submit a video that portrays graduate student life at Oakland University. This competition is sponsored by Oakland University Credit Union.
Goal of competition
To create a video to paint the portrait of an OU graduate student: who the OU graduate student is, what s/he looks like, what s/he does. The intent is to bring to life the image of OU Graduate Study, and to personify the graduate culture on campus.
- First Prize: $1,500
- Second Prize: $750
- Third Prize: $250
Deadlines and selection process
- Once your video is complete, upload your video to YouTube and submit your YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Video Competition
- Videos must be submitted by Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Winning video will be announced during awards ceremony on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Winning entries may be used for promotional purposes.
- Only one video per student may be submitted
- Entries must be from an active full or part-time graduate student currently enrolled in a master's, education specialist, or doctoral degree program
- Submissions must be 2 minutes or less in length from start to end
- Portrayal within video must be positive and appropriately reflect OU graduate students
- The decision of the judging panel is final; feedback regarding the competitor's performance will not be provided
Criteria for selection of winner
- Quality of video
- Length is 2 minutes or less
- Positive image and portrayal of Oakland University graduate students
- Message that is being promoted
- Competition will be evaluated and ranked by a judging panel that includes one OUCU member
Graduate students end of semester social party
Join your fellow graduate students and the Dean of Graduate Studies for an evening of mingling, conversation and fun!
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
5 pm - 7 pm
Oakland Center, Banquet Room B
Graduate assistant orientation
Current graduate assistants are invited to attend an orientation to learn about academic policies and processes that impact their graduate assistantship experience.
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
5 pm - 7 pm
Nyberg Room #242
For more information about graduate assistantships visit our financial assistance page.
Graduate student orientation
New and current students are invited to attend an orientation to learn about academic policies and processes that impact their graduate student experience.
Event details and registration coming soon!
Students should review our presentation from Tuesday, January 26, 2017 and contact us if there are any questions or concerns.
Graduate student research conference
Graduate Study and the Office of Research Administration hosted the 2017 Graduate Student Research Conference on Friday, March 10 in the Oakland Center. This was a great opportunity to learn about graduate students' research, to network with students and faculty, and to hear from the keynote speaker Dr. Kathie Olsen, Founder and Managing Director of ScienceWorks. The photo album is available here.
Graduate open house
The Graduate Open House is a great opportunity for you to come to campus, meet with Program Representatives and Discover all the OU has to offer!
- Explore more that 130 Doctorate, Master's and Graduate Certificate Programs
- Learn about Financial Aid and Payment Options
- Receive information on the Admission Requirements and the Application Process
- Light Refreshments and gifts will be provided
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Main Campus, Oakland Center, Banquet Rooms
- We recommend parking in P-1 and using the west entrance. The banquet rooms are located on the top floor
- (Campus Map) l (Directions to Campus)