- New collaboration creating small businesses to employ adults with autism
- Partnership with local school district pioneers advances in teacher training
- Education students get practice with hands-on teaching at Clinton River Water Festival
- Young alum gains internship in world-renowned particle physics lab
- State approves M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership program
- Board of Trustees appoint George W. Hynd as OU's new president
- Incoming 'freshman' boasts 60 college credits
- Interim dean reflects on successes of the School of Education and Human Services
- Summer Course brings acclaimed authors, illustrators to campus
- Summer course focuses on crisis intervention, prevention of self-harm
- OU to co-host STEM camp for area high school students
- Film Workshop students shadow Detroit Pistons video production team
- Local Teacher and OU professor receives Presidential Award
School of Education and Human Services
SEHS offers professional development for teachers and administrators through programs hosted at convenient off-campus locations and online. The Office of Professional Development and Education Outreach also offers continuing education for counselors and partners with school districts and other external organizations.
SEHS students, alumni and faculty enhance their communities, shape the future of their professions and touch the lives of thousands of learners, from pre-schoolers to professionals, inner-city teens to teachers in rural Chinese classrooms.
Several on-campus centers and initiatives provide services and enrichment opportunities to the community.