- OU graduate students receive the top four prizes at the 7th annual MINS conference
- Planted: Alum finds his path organically and becomes the teacher
- Students get hands-on research experience in stem cell lab
- OU researchers discover complex effects of temperature shifts on both hosts and parasites
- Assistant Professor of Biology gets grant for research on blood clotting
- Students explore the ecosystems of Costa Rica
- Biology student, professor research how arsenic builds up in plant seeds
The Department of Biological Sciences offers exciting opportunities to explore the life sciences through diversified coursework, exceptional faculty-led research labs, and real-world experiences. Our undergraduate biology programs include a Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences. The expansive research interests of our faculty provide ideal opportunities for students in our graduate training programs, the Masters of Arts in Biology, Masters of Science in Biology and the Ph.D. in Biological and Biomedical Sciences. Our programs prepare students for graduate study in the life sciences, research in private and government industries, professional careers in health sciences, and education. Our department provides the opportunity to grow a lifelong passion for the biological sciences through committed faculty research, excellent teaching, and engaged student learning.