Advance Placement Institute
2017 Advanced Placement Institute Dates
Coldwater, MI Session: June 26 - 29, 2017
Main Campus Session 1: July 10 - 13, 2017
Main Campus Session 2: July 24 - 27, 2017
Course of Study
- Structuring AP* courses
- Responding to student feedback
- Utilizing a variety of proven teaching methods
- Preparing students for the AP* exam while keeping instruction engaging
- Developing AP* exam-taking strategies
- Reviewing released AP* exams
- Diagnosing scores-what constitutes a 3, 4 or 5?
- Sharing a variety of College Board essentials
- Receiving appropriate AP* textbooks and resources
Institute instructors for each subject area have been carefully selected for their experience with AP*. All have taught AP* courses in their respective schools for many years. Most have been part of leading AP* workshops around the country and have read and graded AP* exams.
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers who want to learn how to instruct AP* courses in selected content areas
- Experienced AP* teachers
- Teachers of talented and gifted students
- Teachers, administrators and AP* coordinators who wish to learn how to establish AP* programs in their local high schools or school districts
- Teachers and administrators who wish to strengthen core curriculum through AP* prep
- Teachers who want a full review of past AP* examinations and resources
- Teachers who want extended opportunities to network with other AP* instructors while gaining needed professional development credit
- Participants are required to attend the entire workshop.
- Participants who miss more than 10 percent of the summer institute will not be eligible for a certificate of attendance.
- Course materials and details about the institute will be handed out at the first session, attendance is highly recommended.
Oakland University reserves the right to cancel courses due to low enrollment. To allow maximum enrollment, you will be notified of course cancellation 24 hours before the course start date via your home email or phone on record.
Sherry Wynn Purdue
US Government & Politics
|MONDAY||TUESDAY / WEDNESDAY / THURSDAY||FRIDAY (Biology only)|
Check in at 116 Engineering Center(EC)
Welcome packs distributed
Light breakfast served
|Same as Monday|
from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
TBD by instructor
First morning session
Second morning session
Noon to 1 p.m.
First afternoon session
Second afternoon session/td>
*Oakland University reserves the right to cancel courses due to low enrollment. To allow maximum enrollment, you will be notified of course cancellation 24 hours before the course start date via your home Email or phone on record.
Materials & Info
Included in tuition, all participants will be receiving the AP CollegeBoard Manual for their respective course of study. Participants who register after July 1 for the first session (beginning July 14) and after July 21 for the second session (beginning July 28) cannot be guaranteed to receive their CollegeBoard Manual in time for the start of the course due to the time required to ship the materials.
View a list of hotels near Oakland University.
If your school district is paying on your behalf, please complete one of the two following Billing Authorizations based on your personal registration. Please scan or fax back the form and within 10-14 business days we will send you a Purchase Order Code. (248) 370-3090 fax. This code will allow you to complete your registration through the Purchase Order option at final checkout.
Billing Authorizations must be received by the following deadlines due to the time required to obtain a Purchase Order code to complete registration:
June 28 for the first session (beginning July 10)
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact PACE, firstname.lastname@example.org, before beginning your registration.
To be eligible for a 100% refund for courses that meet either in person, online or distance learning:
- Participants may self-drop online any time prior to the course start date.
- No refunds for tuition, books, or materials will occur on or after the course start date.