456 Pioneer Dr.
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
fax: (248) 370-4605
fax: (248) 370-4095
Students enrolled as undergraduates in the HRD program must complete an internship to graduate. Below is a checklist with links to related documents and forms that you should follow when planning your internship.
- Complete the required prerequisites for HRD 499-Internship in HRD (see applications).
- Download and print the Internship Application.
- Complete and submit the application to 430A Pawley Hall by the appropriate deadline.
SITE MAY BE SELECTED BEFORE OR AFTER THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED; HOWEVER, THE APPLICATION MUST RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE!
- June 15 for fall semester
- October 15 for winter semester
- February 15 for summer semester
- You will be notified, if you are approved for internship, by mail.
- Visit the Site Information Book in 430A Pawley Hall. Search for possible work sites (in the pre-approved site directory).
- Write or polish your resume. Tailor it to the internship description.
- Begin contacting employers. Suggestions for approaching the sites:
- Obtain site name, address, and contact person from site directories.
- Send your targeted resume and cover letter to a minimum of 3 sites.
- Follow-up with a courteous phone call about a week later.
- Schedule an interview during the call.
- After interview (within 24 hours) send a brief thank you note.
- Once you have decided to work with a specific internship employer, a confirmation letter is to be sent (by the employer) to the Internship Office, 430A Pawley Hall. A copy is also sent to you.
- Attend the Pre-Planning Seminar that will be held 4 to 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester of your internship (date is included on the approval form that is sent to you).