Oakland University will be offering two events before the start of classes that were created with the first-year student in mind.
Click on each program below for details and to register.
College Success Seminar
Thursday, August 4, 2016
Time: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Check-In begins at 9:30 a.m.)
Location: Oakland Center
Stay ahead of the game in your courses by attending the College Success Seminar. This interactive program will help you discover skills to have a smooth transition from high school to college and to thrive within your major. The first 200 students to register get a FREE water bottle!
To access the registration form below, you will need your NetID (email) and password.
Tuesday, August 30
10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Jump Start is a FREE one-day leadership program open for all first year students to get connected with Oakland University programs and resources.
Reasons to attend "Jump Start:"
- FREE lunch and snacks included
- Hear from our keynote speaker and former radio host, Lisa Jesswein, on developing your leadership skills
- Write a short essay at Jump Start and be entered to win a book scholarship
- Meet and greet other first year students- potential new friends and study buddies
- Hear from a panel of faculty members who will talk about the difference between high school and college
Need more information? Start here.