- 02/03/16 - Cultural Literacy Events: Roundtable Discussion
- 02/04/16 - "A Praxis of Courage: Cracking Cultural Codes Through Innovative Inquiry"
- 02/10/16 - "Numeracy"
- 02/11/16 - Poetry Reading with National Poetry Series winner Simeon Berry
- 02/16/16 - "Literacy in Biblical Times"
- 03/02/16 - Documentary screening: Louder than a Bomb
- 03/03/16 - Poetry slam/spoken word
- 03/15/16 - "Why Can't Johnny...?"
- 03/16/16 - "Hull House Songs"
- 03/24/16 - "19th Century Reading Groups: Women's Literacy"
College of Arts and Sciences
The Oakland University College of Arts and Sciences is comprised of 16 departments devoted to teaching and researching liberal arts, including the humanities, social sciences, visual and performing arts, and mathematical and laboratory sciences.As the largest academic unit at Oakland University, the College of Arts and Sciences gives students the opportunity to select from more than 100 majors and a wide range of concentrations such as archaeology, biology, criminal justice, environmental studies, international relations, pre-medical studies, social work and urban studies to enhance and complement their primary focus.
Regardless of what you study, a liberal arts education will help you to discover new capacities within yourself, building a foundation of skills for those with the drive to succeed, the knowledge to understand, and the willingness to take action.