SECS Computer Technology Office
The Computer Technology Office (CTO) provides technical support for the computing resources in the School of Engineering and Computer Science. The University as a whole offers a wide variety of technological services to students and faculty. As a member of the School of Engineering and Computer Science, we offer an additional set of services in an effort to meet the specific needs of engineering students and faculty.
In order to access these services you must first have or request a SECS account. Once your account is created your username will be the part of your university email address before the '@' symbol. Your password is independent of your other university passwords. If you are having difficulty logging in, consider Resetting Your Password.
To submit a ticket to the CTO Help-desk e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will let us know that you would like a ticket created and we will add you into the queue. This will in turn send you a ticket allowing you to view its status. The tickets will be handled based on the order received and priority level. The priority level is set by the System Administrator based on a variety of factors one of which is number of individuals impacted by the ticket being completed. The tickets priority may be changed if a similar request by another party is submitted.
- Dream Spark (Allows SECS students and faculty to download selected Microsoft Software)
- OnTheHub (Allows SECS students and faculty to download selected VMware Software)
- Microsoft Office 365 Education (Allows SECS students, faculty and staff to access a suite of Office 365 cloud access and downloads)
Policies and Procedures
* Due to a high amount of VMs on our servers, VMs are only being approved on a case-by-case basis. Requests are still accepted, however, they are not guaranteed to be approved.
- Connect to SECS VPN (to allow at home access to servers) - PDF / Video / Html
- Connect to SECS VPN for Windows 10 - PDF / Video / HTML
- Connect to SECS Linux Servers with MobaXterm - PDF / Video / HTML
- Connecting to SECS Linux Servers With Nomachine - PDF / HTML
- Connect to a SECS Linux Server from a Mac or Linux PC - PDF / HTML
- Sharing Directories on your SECS Network Drive - PDF / HTML
- 24/7 General Computer Lab EC560 - PDF / HTML