Registrar Services Location

North Foundation Hall, Room 160
318 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, MI 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-3450

Office Hours:
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Feel free to phone us, email or instant message us during our office hours.

Office of the Registrar

O'Dowd Hall, Room 100
586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
(location map)
Fax: (248) 370-2586


Below are many of the most common forms students will require while attending Oakland University. Please submit the form to the appropriate address referenced on the form.

General Forms

Confidentiality - Request to Remove (Google Form)
Upon receipt of the completed form and photo ID, confidentiality will be removed from record.

Confidentiality - Request to Withhold Directory Information (Google Form)
Use if you do not want directory information released. Upon receipt of the completed form and photo ID, directory information will be withheld until the student requests in writing that confidentiality be released.

Dismissal Appeal Form
Complete this appeal form if you believe there are valid reasons to review your academic dismissal.

General Education Transfer Course Review Form
Request the review of coursework you have previously completed or wish to complete at another institution for use at Oakland University. A syllabus is required. Here are directions on how to complete the form. For other courses, see Transfer Course Review below.

Grizzly ID Request (Google Form)

Letter Request Form (Google Form)
Use this form to request Jury Duty Letter or Enrollment Verification Letter.

Request for Exception Information 
To request an exception to published university policy regarding registration deadlines or procedures, and/or tuition cancellation, submit one of the two forms below.

Medical-Related Requests for Exceptions are handled through the Dean of Students Office. Should you have questions about medical-related requests for exception you may contact the Dean of Students at
All non-medical related requests are handled through the Office of the Registrar. You may reach the Exceptions team at
  1. Request for Exception (Non Medical-Related) (Google Form)
  2. Request for Exception (Medical-Related)

Room Request (Google Form)
Request a general purpose room for non-class events/meetings. Generally, requests cannot be submitted during final examination periods.  You can read further policies and guidelines here.

Transcript Requests
Request official or unofficial transcripts.

Transfer Course Review
Use this form to request a transfer course evaluation in order to fulfill a major or minor program requirement.

Graduation Forms
Candidacy for Degree Letter 
(Google Form) Use this form to request Candidacy for Degree Letter (for UG level students only).

Use this form if you have already applied to graduate and need to change graduation date. (for UG level students only).

Diploma Reorder Form (Google Form)
Order a replacement diploma. Your degree is verified by Academic Records. Those who have financial holds on their account cannot receive their diplomas until the “hold” is resolved
Registration Forms

Audit Form
Request "audit" registration status for a class. Students will not receive a grade for the class. Tuition is assessed as appropriate for each course. 

Competency Examination Form 
Use this form if you wish to take an examination to prove proficiency of subject matter. The issuing department will determine competency level.

Convert Withdrawal to Registered Request 
Undergraduate level courses only: Use this form to request to re-register for a Fall 2020 semester class that you have recently withdrawn from (and received a W grade). Please note: The course will reflect on your Fall 2020 schedule, noting your active enrollment. A grade will be assigned at the end of the term.

Guest Application 
Please complete this form if you would like to attend another school as a guest. Following your submission, the Oakland University, Office of the Registrar will communicate with the host institution to submit your guest application.

Late Add Request Form
Submit this form if you are requesting to add a course after the add deadline. Please refer to the academic calendar for applicable dates and deadlines. Send all late add approvals to

Late Withdrawal Request Form  
Submit this form if you missed the deadline to withdraw from a course(s) and would like to receive a W grade.
Listed under 'US Citizens/Permanent Residents'

Registration Request Form 
Most registration should occur in MySAIL. Should you need registration support, you may submit this form to add/drop/withdraw from a course during the open add/drop/withdrawal time frame as noted on the academic calendar.

Residency Reclassification 
Students who have been admitted as out-of-state students, for the purpose of in-state tuition, may submit this form to have their residency status reconsidered/reclassified. 

Special Time Conflict Override Form (SI or Final exam only) 
Submit this form if you are requesting a prerequisite override for a second half Summer (Summer II) course, only given you are currently registered for the prerequisite during the first half of the Summer semester (Summer I).

Time Conflict Override Form  
This form should be used for a student who wishes to take two courses whose scheduled times overlap