Students also may change their address in-person at either the Office of the Registrar or Student Financial Services. To process a name change in person, bring a photo ID and legal documentation such as a marriage license, divorce decree or other court document that clearly connects the two names to the same individual.
- Oakland University email address
- Date and place of birth
- Major field of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams
- Degrees, honors and awards received, including scholarships and eligibility for inclusion in national honor societies
- Degrees for which the student has applied
- Most recent previous educational institution attended by a student
- Dates of attendance
- Class code
- Photographic or electronic images including ID card pictures
- Enrollment status
Students who do not want directory information released in any other form must notify the Office of the Registrar in writing. Upon receipt of the completed confidentiality form or a letter with a copy of the student’s picture ID, directory information will be withheld until the student requests in writing that confidentiality be released. Requests for privacy also may be faxed to the Office of the Registrar at (248) 370-3461.
Students who wish for clarification of their rights under the act may contact the dean of students, the university hearings officer for the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Students who do not want directory information to appear on the OU website but do not want to request confidentiality can restrict release of such data by doing the following:
- Log into SAIL
- Click on Login to Secure Area
- Complete the User Login
- Select Personal Information
- Select Directory Profile
- De-select the Display in Directory option for items you wish to not appear in the Web directory