The Department of Campus Recreation offers both fitness assessments and additional fitness education programs to
Looking for a GroupX Instructor for your event?
Working toward a weight loss goal? Then take advantage of our Drop-in Body Composition service to help you keep on track! Drop-in, no appointment necessary! Generally falls on the first Monday of every month.
- Upcoming Dates Offered:
- April 3rd
- Times Offered:
- All Day- just stop by the Fitness Center ask speak with one of the Fitness Assistants!
- $5 (includes a report measuring your weight, blood pressure, percent body fat and flexibility).
- Please pay at the Welcome Center and bring your receipt to the fitness assistant.
Know Your Numbers is a program designed to provide participants with quick fitness assessment “numbers” relating to their health. Quick assessments will be offered for FREE at the Fitness Center within the Rec Center on the following dates. Some of the fitness assessments offered include: Blood Pressure, BMI, Flexibility, Body Composition and Muscular Fitness.
- Dates Offered:
- March 29th: Body Composition, BMI, Balance, & Flexibility
- April 12th: Body Composition, BMI, Heart Rate, & Blood Pressure
- Times Offered:
- 12pm-2pm and 6pm-8pm
- Recreation Center, Outside Studio 897 (located downstairs outside the Fitness Center)
Helps members become familiar with the Fitness Center, exercise equipment, and general fitness principles. Proper use of equipment and education on proper form and muscle groups worked will be discussed based on the participant's needs/goals. Workout clothes & exercise shoes are encouraged.
- Offered: FREE all day, every day!
Designed for 13-17 year olds who would like to use the Fitness Center, Teens Getting Into Fitness (TGIF) teaches them how to safely and properly use the exercise equipment. Once the TGIF program is complete, the teen will receive a card to bring with them every time they use the Fitness Center. The Fitness Assistant on duty will ask to see their completion card. Parents/guardians must remain in the Fitness Center with the teen during all workouts. Participants must bring current photo with them for TGIF card to be made.
- Cost: FREE
- Time: approximately 45-60 minutes
- Registration: Contact Austin at (248) 370-4594