Appointments are available
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
To schedule an appointment call (248) 370-4182 or stop by the office at 363 Pawley Hall
If you are not a freshman, or are a transfer student at OU, please call 248-370-4182 to schedule an appointment.
The HRD Advising office assists students with schedule planning, interpreting degree requirements, admissions to major standing, transfer credits, petitions of exception, and graduation audits
HRD Advising Forms and Resources
Undecided HRD Status
Admission to Major Standing in HRD
- Complete a minimum of 40 credits at an accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better. Courses that carry no numerical or letter grade (such as S/U) are excluded from calculation of the GPA
- Complete the HRD core courses with a minimum grade of 2.8 in each course.
- Submit an Application for Major Standing during the semester in which the student expects to complete the core requirements.
- Meet with the HRD Academic Adviser and complete an approved HRD program plan
Students enrolled as undergraduates in the HRD program must complete an internship,HRD 499 (8 credits), to graduate. Below is a checklist with links to related documents and forms that you should follow when planning your internship.
1. Complete the required prerequisites for HRD 499- Internship in HRD (see applications)
2. Download and print the Internship Application
3. Complete and submit the application to 430 Pawley Hall by the appropriate deadline
INTERNSHIP SITE MAY BE SELECTED BEFORE OR AFTER THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED; HOWEVER, THE APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE!
- June 15 for fall semester
- October 15 for winter semester
- February 15 for summer semester
For more details on internship and the application process click here.
The School of Education and Human Services (Department of Organizational Leadership)
The School of Education and Human Services also offers a minor in Human Resource Development for students other than HRD majors who wish to strengthen their academic majors with course-work in human resource development.