BSN Degree Completion Sequence for RNs
RN to BSN Degree Completion (14 weeks) and Fast Track Options (7 weeks) Available
Nursing is a dynamic health care profession characterized by rapid and continuous change. In order for a nurse to maximize upon potential career opportunities as well as have the educational foundation for career advancement, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is needed. The Oakland University School of Nursing Undergraduate Program BSN Degree Completion Sequence offers registered nurses with an Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing the opportunity to earn a BSN degree in two to four years.
To meet the needs of the RN-BSN student for convenience and flexibility, all required nursing and non-nursing (e.g. general education) courses are offered online, and teaching methods build on students’ prior nursing education and clinical experiences. Clinical experiences are flexible.
The RN-BSN curriculum is taught fully online, is offered either as traditional 14 week courses or the NEW 7-week RN-BSN FAST TRACK option, and offers nursing-specific concentrated areas of study. In additional, all RN-BSN students pay in-state tuition. See the informational program plan for details and nursing curriculum.
Receiving specialized knowledge and training can advance your career in nursing. Explore Oakland University's concentrations for an area of interest in an interactive interprofessional learning environment including a business minor.
The BSN Degree Completion Sequence will:
•provide students with a nursing education that meets the highest standards of the profession.
•foster critical thinking related to nursing care delivery and phenomena across the lifespan.
•facilitate the continued development of clinical decision-making skills based on ethical, legal, and cultural perspectives.
•integrate the concepts of evidence based practice into nursing care delivery.
•nurture a commitment to lifelong learning and prepare students for further education at the graduate level.
View BSN Degree Completion Sequence for RNs Program Handbook.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- Satisfactory completion of a Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing program with an overall
- grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Valid RN license.
Registered Nurses who do not meet the minimum admission requirements may be admitted to Oakland University as a pre-BSN Degree Completion student. Upon completion of 12 credits from required non-nursing or general education courses with a minimum grade of 2.5 or higher in each class, the student will be eligible for full admission to the BSN Degree Completion sequence.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE TO OAKLAND UNIVERSITY
- Follow the undergraduate admissions instructions (use major code 7040) on how to apply to Oakland University.
- Include a copy of your current RN license.
- When your application file is complete, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will forward the file to the School of Nursing for review. You will be notified when you have been admitted.
- Following admission to the University, you will receive information regarding a new student orientation at which time a School of Nursing Academic Adviser will be available to meet with you to evaluate your transfer credits and develop a Plan of Study for the BSN degree completion sequence requirements.