About the Faculty
Faculty Affairs has a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Assisting faculty with professional career development, supporting faculty careers from appointment through retirement.
- Developing, interpreting, communicating and administering University and School of Medicine policies related to faculty employment.
- Serving as the official resources for faculty data.
- Overseeing and facilitating proactive administration of all aspects of policies and processes relating to faculty recruitments and appointments, reappointments and promotions and other faculty employment actions.
- Ensuring the auditing and compliance of the School of Medicine's Meaningful Participation program.
- Updating faculty publications such as the Faculty Handbook, Bylaws of the Faculty and the Constitution.
The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine honors faculty members for excellence in the achievement of our educational mission and offers four awards in recognition of faculty teaching, innovation, research, and service.
- Nominations Form
- Nominations Deadline: January 30, 2017
- For questions contact: Jennifer Luna at 248-370-3656 or email@example.com
- Basic Science Educator - Kara Sawarynski, Ph.D. and Samia Ragheb, Ph.D.
- Clinical Science Educator - Bhavinkumar Dalal, M.D.
- Educational Innovation/Research - Victoria Lucia, Ph.D.
- Service - Asha Shajahan, M.D., M.B.A.
- Basic Science Educator - Inaya Hajj Hussein, Ph.D.
- Clinical Science Educator - Sunitha Santhakumar, M.D.
- Educational Innovation/Research - Jason Wasserman, Ph.D.
- Service - Stephen Loftus, Ph.D., D.D.S.