Are you a student intern looking for accommodations? Consider staying on OU’s beautiful campus next summer!
Hostel guests stay in the Ann V. Nicholson student apartment complex. The Ann V. Nicholson apartments have four single bedrooms, two bathrooms, a laundry room, and a living room/dining room. Apartments are fully carpeted, and have central air conditioning. Oakland University is a smoke-free campus; as such, all units are non-smoking.
Furnishings, services and amenities
For your convenience, all apartments come with:
- a full-size bed, dresser, desk and chair in each bedroom
- a laundry room with a full-size washer and dryer
- a full kitchen complete with stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, and garbage disposal
- a furnished living room complete with sofa, coffee table, end table, entertainment unit, and dining table and chairs
- carpeting, lighting, window blinds, wastebaskets
- shelves, closet space
- cable TV service (bring your own TV and coaxial cord)
- wireless Internet service (service charge required)
Free parking is available at the apartments and across from Hamlin Hall. Hamlin also has a reception desk, which provides general information for incoming guests, check in/ out procedures, mail distribution, stamp services, and more. Please note that telephone service is not available; hostel guests should bring their own cellphones.
What to bring
When staying at OU, please bring:
- bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows, mattress pad)
- alarm clock
- laundry supplies
- cell phone
- TV with coaxial cord
- dishes and cooking utensils
Please do NOT bring:
- halogen lamps
- candles and incense
- hot plates
- window air conditioners
- room phones
- answering machines
Meal plans are not included in OU’s hostel program. However, our Vandenberg Dining Center and the Oakland Center food court contain many food options and accept cash (dining hours are limited during summer months). In addition, several restaurants and grocery stores are located close to campus, including many at The Village of Rochester Hills.
Hostel guests may purchase guest student memberships at OU’s Rec Center, located right on campus. Facilities include a weight room, indoor track, pool, racquetball courts and gymnasiums. Outdoor basketball, volleyball courts, softball diamonds, soccer fields, and two golf courses (additional charges apply) are also located on campus.
|Hamlin Hall, single room||--|
|N/A for 2014 due to construction|
|Hamlin Hall, double room||--|
|N/A for 2014 due to construction|
|May 3 - August 2, 2014|
To reserve a room on campus, please complete the Hostel Program Reservation Form
and email it to email@example.com or fax it to (248) 370-3340. You’ll receive a confirmation when your reservation is received. An assignment letter with your total estimated cost and check-in information will be sent one to two weeks prior to your arrival.
You will need the first month's rent, in the form of cash, money order or traveler’s check. You also need:
- a letter from your employer verifying employment as an intern, co-op student or researcher (a copy of an offer/hire letter from the employer is acceptable)
- a letter from your college or university, indicating that you’re a current student in good academic standing (must be on letterhead, dated and signed with contact information by an adviser, professor, secretary, etc.)
Letters may be faxed to (248) 370-3340 or brought to check-in. Hostel guests must sign an agreement that states they will follow OU housing policies and procedures, and will not be taking classes at OU while residing on campus. Students who have graduated are not eligible for this program unless they are going on to graduate school.