Apply For Housing
An Important Message from University Housing
Thank you for your interest in on-campus housing. We are very grateful that you would like to be a part of our community! Unfortunately, we have reached our capacity of available rooms and do not currently have a space for you.
You may wish to consider joining our waitlist. We anticipate that over the course of the next several months, a percentage of people will choose to cancel their housing contracts. When that happens, it opens space for those who are on our waitlist. We will assign waitlisted students to available rooms in the order in which their contracts were received, as space becomes available. Should a space become available, we will notify you immediately by email. Please watch your Oakland University email account for updates.
To join the waitlist, you simply need to submit an online contract. Directions on how to submit a contract can be found below.
We do ask you to bear in mind, however, that we cannot guarantee that we will have space for every student who would like to live on campus. The development of an alternative housing plan as a precaution is therefore advised.
- Log in to the portal using your NetID and password.
- Click on the Applications tab, and then choose the contract period for which you are applying.
- Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
- Complete the Student Preference page.
- If you want to live with a particular OU student, list his/her name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- meaning, your roommate must also list YOU as his/her choice of roommate (you will NOT be matched with a student unless he/she also lists you as a requested roommate). We make every effort to meet all roommate preferences, however we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
- Select a meal plan option. Residence hall students must select a meal plan; if you do not, a default plan will be selected for you. Students who plan to live in the apartments or cottages are not required to have a meal plan but may choose a voluntary meal plan on the preference page of the contract, or may purchase one at check-in, if so desired.
- Review and complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a housing contract confirmation.
Hamlin Hall Rm 448
550 Meadow Brook Rd.
As in years past, University Housing plans to secure a number of temporary housing spaces at a staffed hotel location adjacent to campus. Assignment to these spaces is need-based, and first priority will be given to students who live more than 50 miles from campus. As soon as space becomes available on campus, students will be moved from the hotel to University Housing. More information about temporary housing will be provided in August to those on the waitlist.