Apply For Housing
An Important Message from University Housing
Thank you for your interest in on-campus housing. We are very grateful that you would like to be a part of our community! We are now accepting housing contracts for new, incoming freshmen. To apply, you must submit an online contract. In order to submit a housing contract or register for Orientation, you must have your Oakland University NetID. If you are newly admitted to the university, and have not yet activated your Net ID, you can do so here.
Directions on how to apply can be found below. To submit an online housing contract, simply click on the link. We will assign students to available rooms in the order in which their contracts are received and validated.
NOT AN INCOMING FRESHMEN? Please note that we are currently at capacity for transfers, commuters, and returning upperclassman residents. More information can be found below, under Update for Transfers, Commuters and Returners.
- Log in to the portal using your NetID and password.
- Click on the Applications tab, and then choose the contract period for which you are applying.
- Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
- Complete the Student Preference page.
- If you want to live with a particular OU student, list his/her name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- meaning, your roommate must also list YOU as his/her choice of roommate (you will NOT be matched with a student unless he/she also lists you as a requested roommate). We make every effort to meet all roommate preferences, however we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
- Select a meal plan option. Residence hall students must select a meal plan; if you do not, a default plan will be selected for you. Students who plan to live in the apartments or cottages are not required to have a meal plan but may choose a voluntary meal plan on the preference page of the contract, or may purchase one at check-in, if so desired.
- Review and complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a housing contract confirmation.
Hamlin Hall Rm 448
550 Meadow Brook Rd.
We regret to inform you that we have now reached capacity, and do not currently have a space for you in on-campus housing.
At this point in time, we must ask you to choose from the following two options:
1. Remain on the waitlist
- The only step required for joining the waitlist is the submission of an online contract. Students who make this choice do not need to notify us or take any additional action; if you have submitted a contract, you are automatically on the waitlist.
- Typically, we see a number of contract cancellations throughout the spring and summer. These cancellations open up space for those on the waitlist.
- Students on the waitlist will be assigned to rooms in the order in which their contracts were received, as space becomes available.
- If you choose to remain on the waitlist, you may cancel your contract at any time without penalty, provided you have not been assigned to a room. Once you are assigned to a room, cancellation charges will apply. The cancellation charge schedule can be found on the housing contract.
- It should be noted that we cannot guarantee that everyone on the waitlist will be placed in a room before the start of the school year, and if you choose to remain on the waitlist, it is advised that you develop alternative plans for where you live in the instance we are unable to place you.
- As mentioned above, you may cancel your contract at any time without penalty, provided you have not been assigned to a room. Once you are assigned to a room, cancellation charges will apply. The cancellation charge schedule can be found on the housing contract.
- Students who make this choice need to complete a Contract Release Form, and submit that form to the University Housing Office in 448 Hamlin Hall.
We deeply regret that our facilities cannot currently meet demand, and sincerely apologize for the disappointment many of you will face as we complete this process.