100 Library Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4479
(248) 370-4357 (HELP)
Fax: (248) 370-4863
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Classroom support hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How to Obtain Your Grizzly ID
How to Obtain your GrizzlyID
Footprints Public Solution #88580 Updated March 2016
If you are a first time student please follow the steps listed in the First Time Students sections at the bottom of this page. Current and Former Students follow instructions below.
You can obtain your GrizzlyID by doing any of the following:
Visit in person and show a picture identification - Current or former students can go to any student services office.
If you cannot come to campus, complete, print and sign the form found here:
Fax or email the completed form and a scanned copy of a picture ID (preferably driver's license) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (248-370-4863).
Faculty members who do not know their Grizzly ID can do one of the following:
- Log into SAIL account and click Faculty Services then select Detail Class List. The G# will appear in the right-hand corner of the page.
- Complete the on-line Grizzly ID Release form found at forms.oakland.edu and submit via fax or email and receive a call back.
- Come in person to the OU Help Desk office at 202 Kresge Library and present photo identification.
- Go to the Office of Academic Affairs, room 417 Wilson Hall, (248) 370-2922 and present photo identification.
If you need your GrizzlyID for transcripts, it may be faster to submit a transcript request form. Your GrizzlyID will appear on the transcript for future reference. If you graduated before 1992, you must take this step. Complete and submit the transcript request at: http://www.oakland.edu/upload/docs/Registrar/REG-9953_Transcript%20form_3%20(1).pdf
The timeline for obtaining transcripts per the Registrar's Office is as follows:
- Official Transcript -- picked up in two working days or mailed within five (5) working days
- Student Copy -- picked up in two working days or mailed within five (5) working days
- Continuing Education -- mailed within ten (10) working days
The Office of the Registrar will not accept transcript requests by phone or e-mail.
Official transcripts will not be provided for students with outstanding financial obligations to the university.
Please let us know how you want to proceed.
First Time Students
Please contact the following department to obtain your GrizzlyID and setup an orientation.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
101 North Foundation Hall
Rochester, MI 48309-4401
(800) OAK-UNIV (800 625-8648)