100 Library Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4479
(248) 370-4357 (HELP)
Fax: (248) 370-4863
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Classroom support hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
External User ID Cannot be Determined
External User ID Cannot be Determined Error Message
Footprints Public Solution # 84579 Updated March 2016
Please perform the following steps to resolve the error message "External User Id cannot be determined:twbkwbis.P_GenMenu".
- Close Firefox completely and restart it. (Note: Internet Explorer is not a supported browser.)
- Go to TOOLS and clear all history (see instructions below version 3.6).
- Go to www.oakland.edu, click on the SAIL icon located in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Log in with your NetID (must be all lower case) and password.
To clear the history in Firefox;
- Click on tools on the main menu bar and then click "Clear Recent History". This opens the Clear Recent History dialogue box.
- The pulldown box allows you to choose the time range to clear, check everything.
Click on the arrow next to details to select browsing and download history, form & search history, cookies, cache, active logins and site preferences.
- Click on the clear now button.
Please let us know if this resolves your issue. If you need further assistance, please contact the helpdesk at 248- 370-4357, Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm.