100 Library Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4479
(248) 370-4357 (HELP)
Fax: (248) 370-4863
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Classroom support hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How to Submit a Help Desk Ticket
To enter in a Help Request in the Footprints call tracking software, please send an email message to email@example.com or visit the following web address: https://help.oakland.edu and at the login screen enter your NetID username and password.
Select OU Helpdesk as the workplace to log into.
Then you can submit a new help request by clicking on the button “New Request” located at the top of the web page.
To view the progress on a request you have submitted you can click the button “Home”. You can then use the drop-down menu to see your requests. UTS will update the ticket periodically until the ticket is resolved.
A closer view into submitting a Help Request/ Incident Report:
1. The first two fields to complete are the Summary and Priority.
2. Verify your contact information.
3. The ticket type is needed; a task is a problem, a new process is to request something new, others are self explanatory. Select the appropriate Category and Level. The level lists change as different categories are selected.
4. Please be as descriptive with your problem as possible. The more information you include, the quicker the problem will be solved.
The little box in the lower left-hand corner that has ABC written on it is for the spell checker.
5. To attach a file, click on the paperclip, Browse and Open the file.
6. Click SAVE at the bottom left of page to submit the ticket.