Doctor of Philosophy in Early Childhood Education
The four-year program allows for part-time or full-time study. The program seminars and field projects provide students with leadership experiences in early childhood development, curriculum and program development, assessment, applied research and evaluation, teaching adults and policy design. Students are admitted for the program each fall.
- A total of three recommendations, at least one from a graduate academic source and one from a professional in the field
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Personal essay statement, describing professional goals, experiences and philosophy
- Two writing samples related to early childhood education, which may include professional reports, academic course papers, publications or presentations
- An interview for applicant finalists (scheduled by the program coordinator) with the coordinator and other faculty members, and a written assignment to be completed as part of the interview