The Honors College attracts students from all majors, most of whom are recruited through admissions.
Join the honors college and...
- Aspire to rise!
- Get involved
- Become a leader
- Study abroad
- Have fun!
* We see every incoming student to assist in supporting you to reach your full potential. Even if you "automatically qualify" for the Honors College, or are a Presidential Scholar, contact us to attend one of our informational sessions. Sometimes this can be accomplished via phone. But we do want to see you so we can give you the very best support!
Contact us via email (email@example.com) or by phone (248-370-4450) to make an info session appointment.
Our advisors, Professor Anne Holtvluwer or Preeti Vij can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-370-4583
- In order to be accepted to The Honors College, high school seniors must first apply to, and be accepted by, Oakland University.
- The Honors College accepts students throughout the year.
Interested freshmen who meet or exceed these minimum requirements and automatically "qualify":
- 3.7 or higher GPA and a 27 or higher ACT
- 3.7 or higher GPA and 1100 or higher new SAT (during this new SAT transition year),
- These students should contact us by email at email@example.com or phone at (248) 370-4450 to schedule an appointment to attend an HC Admitted Student Session.
- All students, including Presidential Scholars, must attend an Honors College Admitted Student Session to be fully admitted to the Honors College. If you meet the above requirements, you are not required to complete the application for admission.
- All students joining the Honors College are asked to complete the Student/Parent Contact Form.
- 3.3 or higher GPA and a 27 or higher ACT
- 3.7 or higher GPA and below 1100 new SAT (during this new SAT transition year)
- Below a 3.7 GPA with an 1100 or higher new SAT (during this new SAT transition year)
The application can be downloaded here . It also can be mailed to students upon request or can be obtained from The Honors College office at 210 Oak View Hall.
You may email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (248) 370-4479. You may also mail your application to:
The Honors College
Oak View Hall, Room 210
509 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, MI 48309-4452
Students may contact us by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing email@example.com to set up an appointment for one of our info sessions.
Transfer students may contact us by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to attend one of our informational sessions conducted by an HC advisor.