The Honors College attracts students from all majors, most of whom are recruited through admissions.
Join the honors college and...
- Aspire to rise!
- Get involved
- Become a leader
- Study abroad
- Have fun!
* We see every incoming student to assist in supporting you to reach your full potential. Even if you "automatically qualify" for the Honors College, or are a Presidential Scholar, contact us to attend one of our informational sessions. Sometimes this can be accomplished via phone. But we do want to see you so we can give you the very best support!
Contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (248-370-4450) to make an info session appointment.
Our advisors, Professor Sandi Powell or Sarah Henning can be reached at email@example.com or 248-370-4583
- In order to be accepted to The Honors College, high school seniors must first apply to, and be accepted by, Oakland University.
- The Honors College accepts students throughout the year.
- Students who fall into either of the categories below may be accepted to the Honors College.
- Students wishing to join, who have a minimum 3.7 GPA and a 27 on the ACT, should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (248) 370-4450 to schedule an appointment to attend an HC Admitted Student Session.
- All students, including Presidential Scholars, must attend an Honors College Admitted Student Session to be fully admitted to the Honors College. If you meet the above requirements, you are not required to complete the application for admission.
- Students joining the Honors College are asked to complete the Student/Parent Contact Form.
- Students who score at least a 23/ACT or 1130/SAT with a GPA above or close to a 3.7 may still apply to be accepted
- Students who have at least a 3.3 GPA with a score of above or close to 27/ACT or 1280/SAT may still apply to be accepted.
Students may contact us by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing email@example.com to set up an appointment for one of our info sessions.
Transfer students may contact us by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to attend one of our informational sessions conducted by an HC advisor.