The Honors College attracts students from all majors, most of whom are recruited through admissions.
Join the honors college and...
- Aspire to rise!
- Get involved
- Become a leader
- Study abroad
- Have fun!
* We see every incoming student to assist in supporting you to reach your full potential. Even if you "automatically qualify" for the Honors College, or are a Presidential Scholar, contact us to attend one of our informational sessions. Sometimes this can be accomplished via phone. But we do want to see you so we can give you the very best support!
Contact us via email (email@example.com) or by phone (248-370-4450) to make an info session appointment.
Our advisors, Professor Sandi Powell or Sarah Henning can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-370-4583
- In order to be accepted to The Honors College, high school seniors must first apply to, and be accepted by, Oakland University.
- The Honors College accepts students throughout the year.
- Students who fall into one of the categories below may be accepted to the Honors College.
- The Honors College encourages students who have a minimum 3.7 GPA and a 27 on the ACT to contact us by email at email@example.com or phone at (248) 370-4450 to make an appointment to attend an HC informational session.
- All students must attend an Honors College informational session to be accepted into the Honors College. If you meet the above requirements, you are not required to complete the application for admission.
- All students joining the Honors College are asked to complete the Student/Parent Contact Form.
- Students who score at least a 23 on the ACT with a GPA above or close to a 3.7 may still apply to be accepted
- Students who have at least a 3.3 GPA with an ACT score above or close to 27 may still apply to be accepted.
The application can be downloaded here. It also can be mailed to students upon request or can be obtained from The Honors College office at 210 Oak View Hall.
You may email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (248) 370-4479. You may also mail your application to:
The Honors College
210 Oak View Hall
2200 N. Squirrel Road
Rochester, Michigan, 48309-4401
Students may contact us by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing email@example.com to set up an appointment for one of our info sessions.
Transfer students may contact us by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to attend one of our informational sessions conducted by an HC advisor.