New Program Plan - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
New Program Plan - School Counseling
CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programming.
- Application for Admission to Graduate Study
- Submit Goal Statement
- Supplemental Application: School or Clinical Mental Health
- (2) Recommendation Letters
- Official Transcripts
Approximately one week after you submit your application you will have access to the “Status Check” feature in your application account.
- Go to the Admissions login page in SAIL
- Sign in using your Login ID and PIN you created when you started the online application process
- Click on “Status Check” link
Web Application Status Descriptions
- Incomplete — Missing Requirements:
Your file is not yet complete. Scroll down to the "Requirements" section to see which application materials are missing. Requirements received will have a date displayed; outstanding materials will not include a date.
- Complete — Ready for Review:
Your file is now complete and ready to be reviewed for admission.
For academic programs that admit on a rolling basis, the review process typically takes 2-3 weeks from the date the file became "complete." For programs that review applications as a group, the review process begins after the deadline date and can take 4-8 weeks before decisions are announced. Learn more about the Admission review process.
- Decision Made:
This status indicates that a decision has been made.
Due to the high volume of mail received in Graduate Admissions, it may take up to 21 working days for your application documents to be entered into the system. Please allow the appropriate amount of time to pass before expecting to see these documents on the status check website.
After you have received your offer of admission from Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning, the next step is to accept your offer of admission using the Admission Acceptance Form
- Proof of Permanent Residency or Current Visa Status
- English Translation of Foreign Transcripts
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation – General Report
- Official TOEFL Test Scores
- International Student Supplemental Application
- Affidavit of Support
- Notarized Bank Statements
- International Student Transfer form
The Department of counseling offers a Masters of Arts degree in counseling for individuals who wish to work in professional counseling roles with children, youth, adults and families in school and community settings. The program can accommodate both full-time and part-time students.
Requirements for Degree Completion:
Beginning Winter 2015 , at least 60 graduate-level credits are required for the Mental Health degree, and 50 graduate-level credits for the School Counseling Degree.
|Winter||October 1 - Must include your online application, goal statement, recommendations and official transcripts|
|Spring||No admits for this term|
|Summer||No admits for this term|
|Fall||April 1 - - Must include your online application, goal statement, recommendations and official transcripts|
For more information please contact Bobbi Wells:
440H Pawley Hall
Fax: (248) 370-4141
Bobbi Wells at email@example.com