NetID & Email
You need an Oakland University NetID for accessing the OU network, SAIL, Moodle, and webmail (OU's email) and academic resources. Go to netid.oakland.edu and click on Need to Change Your Password? Click on Obtain Your Account or Reset Your Password.
Enter your Grizzly ID and six-digit SAIL PIN. Select a eight to fifteen character password that you want to use for your NetID only. Enter that in the New Password and Verify Password fields. Click on the gray button, Reset Password. The next screen you see will tell you your NetID name. Write this information down. For more information on password requirements click here.
Access email (@oakland.edu)
Enter your user ID and password at webmail.oakland.edu to access your email. Make sure you're logging into your Oakland email for important updates, like when to pay your eBill. Your messages are stored on OU’s campus mail server instead of on your computer’s hard drive.
- When you're logged into your Oakland email, go to the top right and click "Mail settings."
- Click "Forwarding and POP/IMAP on the top.
- Add a forwarding address that you check most often.
- Select "Forward a copy of incoming mail to:" and select the email address you want your Oakland email to forward to.
- Scroll down and select "Save changes."
- Create a shortcut to OU Webmail on your bookmarks bar
- Sync your email to your smart phone