Faculty Fellows - 2013-2014 Call for Applications
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) is delighted to announce a call for applications for two Faculty Fellows for the 2013-2014 academic year. This exciting opportunity will recognize the teaching excellence of two faculty members who can share their passion and interest in teaching and learning with others across the campus.
Role of Faculty Fellows:
- To provide direct service to CETL on average of 8 hours a week (flexible time to be arranged with Director on monthly basis).
- To work with the Director in developing and implementing CETL programs.
- To provide support, mentoring, coaching and training to faculty across the campus (including workshops and a Faculty Development Institute).
- It is desirable that one Faculty Fellow will create on-line training opportunities and the other will co-chair the OU-Windsor Teaching and Learning Conference.
Faculty Fellow Criteria:
- Full time faculty (tenured or tenure track, visiting professors or special instructors with full-time salary/job security).
- Passionate about teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning and student success.
- Innovative and effective teaching practice.
- Areas of expertise may include, but not limited to, assessment, learning outcomes, student engagement, supporting student success, effective teaching practice.
- Skills should include collaboration, organization, effective presentation skills, and a commitment to teaching and learning.
Application- Please submit to Judith Ableser- Director- firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st, 2013
- Letter of intent
- Outline what you feel you have to offer to CETL
- Areas of interest and expertise in teaching and learning
- Examples of how you have demonstrated commitment to student learning and student success
- Curriculum Vita
- Letter from Chair of Department showing support for you as Faculty Fellow
- Letter of recommendation from colleague or student showing support for you as faculty fellow
- Each faculty member will receive one course release for the fall and one for the winter.
For further information or questions please feel free to contact the Director of CETL- Judith Ableser at email@example.com or at 248-370-2455. The CETL website is http://www.oakland.edu/cetl