New Investigator Grants
You can find a big list of new or young investigator awards at http://www.spo.berkeley.edu/fund/newfaculty.html
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation Career Award
- Sloan Research Fellowship
- Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy Young Investigators Award
- Alzheimer's Association New Investigator Research Grant
- American Association for Cancer Research Career Development Awards
- American Diabetes Association Career Development Award
- Foundation Fighting Blindness Career Development Award
- Infectious Diseases Society of America Young Investigator Awards
- American Heart Association Scientist Development Grant
- The McKnight Endowment Fund for Neuroscience Scholar Awards
- NARSAD (National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression) Young Investigator Awawd
Biomedical Research in Michigan
MichBio is a non-profit, statewide trade association, headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI. Its mission is to drive life sciences industry growth in Michigan by providing its members with networking & educational opportunities, legislative and business advocacy and public awareness efforts, a hub for life sciences information and comment, and power buying resources. Its members are life sciences companies, academic and research institutions, bioscience service providers, and related organizations.
National Institutes of Health
- How Are We Doing?
NIH annually computes data on funding to individual universities. The link above will provide information about NIH funding. Search on Oakland University as the institution.
- Funding Opportunities
NIH has a wide variety of funding opportunities open to OU researchers.
- NIH News
Keep track of the latest news out of NIH.
- ACM Crossroads
ACM Crossroads is an online student publication that features an astonishing breadth of coverage. Included are articles that span all of student life, high technology, careers, e-commerce, graduate schools, multimedia, programming, social issues, and robotics, to name a few.
Biomedical Research Tools
- A Web Atlas of Cell Structures
"A Web Atlas of Cell Structures" offers dozens of pretty images and some how-to advice. It describes protocols for staining cells with fluorescent antibodies that stick to certain proteins, as well as the kinds of light microscopes you then shine on the fixed cells--including confocal microscopy, which gets sharper images by collecting light from only a thin slice. Students can download large image files and try processing them themselves.
Clinical Health Sites
- Cancer Care
This site contains excellent information about cancer of the breast, prostate, skin, lung, and brain. Counseling and assistance as well as technical information for professionals is provided.
Biomedical Current Events
- Biospace Home Page
The Biospace Home Page is a source of breaking news in the field of bioscience. It provides the latest information on company activity, company profiles, investment opportunities, and career opportunities.