First year initiativeIntensive review, analysis, and assessment of the environment and needs at Oakland University. This information will help the leadership team frame the activities/programs for the subsequent years.
Anticipated initiatives for subsequent years
- Please anticipate surveys, focus groups, and interviews.
- Please contact us with any ideas/issues you might have.
- Improved participation in search training.
- Anti-bias training for search committees and faculty review committees.
- Family-friendly information for faculty candidates.
- Proactive dual career efforts.
- Resources for new faculty.
- High-quality mentoring program.
- Proactive pathway to grants program.
- Diverse faculty development workshops.
- Pre-review options for full professors.
- Proactive nomination for internal/external awards.
- Dissemination to other 4-year institutions and to community college colleagues.
- Presentations at regional and national meetings.
- Publication of findings.