In compliance with updated Policy #1340 Mail Services may not provide/sell postage or shipping services to individuals for their personal needs. We will continue to provide these services for official University business.
Mail Requisition Form
The Mail Services staff handles the pickup, sorting and delivery of interdepartmental mail and all US Postal Service mail. In addition to handling all daily mail the staff completes all processes required for Standard (bulk) and first class mailings. The staff is well trained in U.S. Postal Service regulations and can advise you on the most effective and least expensive solution for your mailing needs.
In addition to handling daily mail and large mailings, Mail Services offers special services mail, international mail, stamps, and package shipping. Mail Services handles outgoing UPS, DHL, FedEx and U.S. Mail. All incoming UPS, FedEx, DHL is handled by Central Receiving. Only packages sent to the University using United States Postal Service are handled by Mail Services.
As part of processing large mailings Mail Services handles cleansing of electronic address databases using the most up-to-date USPS certified software to verify physical addresses as well as move updates.
Contact Mail Services at (248) 370-2281 for all your mailing needs. Or, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for standard (bulk) or first class mailings should be made by using our online Mail Requisition Form.
Pick-up and Delivery Important Facts:
- U. S. Postal Service mail is picked up by a university Mail staff member each morning from the Rochester Postal Annex.
- Interdepartmental and U.S. Mail is delivered to departments each day between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and outgoing mail is picked up at the same time.
- In accordance with Federal regulations, Mail Services is not permitted to deliver personal mail to department staff or faculty.
- Outgoing mail must be in the Mail Services office by 2:00 p.m. each day in order to be mailed the same day.
- U.S. Postal Service special services mail is taken to the post office at 3:00 each day.
Contact Information and Business Hours:
12 Police and Support Services Building
Fax: (248) 370-2286
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Gail Bierbower||Mail Clerk IIemail@example.com||248-370-2281|
|Diane Cary||Mail Clerk IIfirstname.lastname@example.org||248-370-2281|
|Nan Millen||Mail Clerk IIemail@example.com||248-370-2281|
|Ken Parent||Mail Clerk IIfirstname.lastname@example.org||248-370-2281|
|Jim Whedon||Manager, Printing & Mail Servicesemail@example.com||248-370-2281|