Kids in Need Teacher Grants
PreK-12 educators can request funding for innovative learning opportunities
Deadline: October 14, 2014
Grant range: $2,000 - $5,000
Deadline: October 31
PreK-6 mathematics educators, collaborating with a college or university mathematics educator, researching classroom-based pre-college mathematics education.
Support innovate professional development programs that strengthen teachers in grades 9-12
Grant range: $100,000 - $200,000
US Department of Education
Institute of Education Sciences & Office of Postsecondary Education
Grant range: $100,000 - $2,000,000
Grant Writing Resources
- Ways to obtain private funding
- OU Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Answer Before Writing a Grant
- Common Grant Application
- Letter of Intent template
Visit Grant Space for more templates.
Oakland University Internal Awards
Visit oakland.edu/research and click on Faculty Funding Opportunities --> Internal Awards for more information.
Did you know the SEHS has endowed research awards for faculty? Visit the following for details.
- Sidney W. Graber Memorial Award for faculty members conducting research in Special Education, Early Childhood Education, and/or the Lowry Center.
- Harry Hahn Reading Award for full or part time faculty members in the Department of Reading and Language Arts. The Harry Hahn Reading Award may be used to pursue scholarly, teaching or service activities in reading, writing and language arts.
- Jacqueline I. Lougheed Research Award for full time tenured faculty and tenure-track faculty to support research related to Women in Education or Women in Leadership.
- identify potential funders
- provide examples and templates to use when writing proposals
- assist in gathering university documents, such as the tax id letter, financial records, and letters of support
- edit proposals from the grantmaker's point of view to ensure your proposal is well written and concise
- Applicant has an idea, project and/or program for which the applicant is requesting funding
- Applicant sets up a meeting with the SEHS Development Project Manager to discuss the following:
- Private funding sources - foundations and corporations
- Proposal writing process at OU and in the School of Education and Human Services
- General timeline, including when the applicant hopes to begin work and time to get signatures and approvals
- Estimated dollar amount needed (a range is okay)
The Research Support Committee is made up of representatives from each academic department within the School of Education and Human Services.
School of Education and Human Services Research Statement
Research and scholarship are vital parts of the mission of the School of Education and Human Services. Our research and scholarship advances knowledge and addresses critical issues in education, counseling, and human services. We believe that research and scholarship are essential components of providing first-class undergraduate and graduate education and integral to our collaborative work with practitioners in local school and professional communities. Research and scholarship not only inform our program offerings but also the pedagogical approaches of our highly regarded faculty.
Research Support Committee
Our faculty-led Research Support Committee (RSC) reflects our school’s commitment to supporting faculty research through monetary awards and dialogical forums. In addition to reviewing research grant proposals, RSC sponsors symposiums to encourage cross-disciplinary engagement.