SECS Computer Technology Office
The Computer Technology Office (CTO) provides technical support for the computing resources in the School of Engineering and Computer Science. The University as a whole offers a wide variety of technological services to students and faculty. As a member of the School of Engineering and Computer Science, we offer an additional set of services in an effort to meet the specific needs of engineering students and faculty.
In order to access these services you must first have or request a SECS account. Once your account is created your username will be the part of your university email address before the '@' symbol. Your password is independent of your other university passwords. If you are having difficulty logging in, consider Resetting Your Password .
To submit a ticket to the CTO Help-desk e-mail to email@example.com. This will let us know that you would like a ticket created and we will add you into the queue. This will in turn send you a ticket allowing you to view its status. The tickets will be handled based on the order received and priority level. The priority level is set by the System Administrator based on a variety of factors one of which is number of individuals impacted by the ticket being completed. The tickets priority may be changed if a similar request by another party is submitted.
- Linux Servers
- Virtual Machines (Virtual Machine requests have been halted until further notice)
- Windows Remote Desktop Server
- Connect to SECS VPN (to allow at home access to servers) PDF / Video / Html
- Connect to SECS Linux Servers with MobaXterm PDF / Html
- Connecting to SECS Linux Servers With Nomachine - PDF / Video / Html
- Connect to a SECS Linux Server from a Mac or Linux PC PDF / Video / Html
- Sharing Directories on your SECS Network Drive PDF / HTML
- 24/7 General Computer Lab - EC560 PDF / HTML