255 Engineering Center
Please call for an appointment
Adviser meetings are currently by appointment only.
WINTER ADVISING APPOINTMENTS
Summer, Fall and Winter registration is almost here, and it is time to begin thinking about scheduling an appointment with an SECS adviser to discuss your classes for 2015 -16! Advisers will help you with your plan of study, discuss your current standing, help you apply for major standing, and give course overrides when applicable, among many other things.
The SECS Advising Office will start making advising appointments for scheduling starting on Monday, Feb. 16. March does come in like a lion, and advising traffic is very heavy during registration. It is essential that you call as early as possible to schedule an appointment to avoid those long waits during walk-in advising and have a longer time to plan your schedule! Walk-in advising will be March 23 - 27 and March 30 & 31 from 9-11 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Web registration depends on the number of credits you have completed.Please see the chart below for the day you will be able to register. It is important that you are prepared for that day to avoid registration issues.
EARNED CREDIT HOURS/CLASS STANDING
March 23, 2015
Second undergraduate degree students
March 24, 2015
Seniors with 121 credits or more
March 24, 2015
Seniors with 91 credits or more
March 25, 2015
Juniors with 73 credits or more
March 26, 2015
Juniors with 56 credits or more
March 27, 2015
Sophomores with 42 credits or more
March 30, 2015
Sophomores with 28 credits or more
March 31, 2015
Freshmen with 16 credits or more
April 1, 2015
Freshmen with fewer than 16 credits
April 2, 2015
Special graduate, non-matric., post-bach. and guest
April 3, 2015
You may call our office at (248) 370-2201 or stop by 255 EC with your questions or to schedule an appointment.
Take the initiative
Our advisers are here to help you throughout your educational journey with the School of Engineering and Computer Science, but the first step can only be taken by YOU! Take the initiative and begin today by setting up an appointment with an adviser. Call (248) 370-2201.
You should also keep the following in mind:
- Be aware of important deadlines.
- Understand requirements for your major and degree.
- Learn to make decisions. Advisers can present options, but you must make the decisions.
- Ask questions if anything is unclear.
Schedule your advising appointment early before registration begins.
- Prepare a list of questions or concerns before your appointment.
- Bring your plan of study; bring copies of other relevant materials.
- Write down your current schedule and a tentative plan for the next semester.
- If you are a transfer student, bring a copy of your transfer credit evaluation or transcripts.
- Keep copies of your relevant academic records.
- Follow through on referrals and recommendations made during the advising session.
- Consult with your academic adviser before making drastic changes to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Be aware of important deadlines, policies, and procedures. Read the academic catalog, especially the part about academic policies and procedures.
- Make final decisions and take responsibility for your academic success.
Read the academic catalog, especially the part about academic policies and procedures.
The academic advisers at the School of Engineering and Computer Science provide students and potential students with important educational, procedural and informational support. Our advisers are knowledgeable about the university’s policies and procedures, the requirements for successful enrollment within the school, and the best ways to achieve your educational goals at OU.
Our academic advisers can:
- help you prepare for and plan your academic career
- provide you with educational and career counseling
- empower you with relevant and vital information regarding your degree program, opportunities to become more involved at OU and different student support services
- help you reach your full potential as you pursue your educational and career goals
The team at the School of Engineering and Computer Science Advising Office is here to help you. Call (248) 370-2201 to set up an appointment.
Academic Adviser/Program Coordinator
Director, SECS Advising
For your convenience, the following are some of the forms used in the School of Engineering and Computer Science Advising Office. Feel free to download, print, fill out and submit these forms. All of these forms can also be found in the Advising Office, 159 Dodge Hall of Engineering.
Undergraduate Student Forms
- Building Entrance Access Request
- Key Request Form
- Course Evaluations
- Transfer Course Request
- How to calculate Major GPA
- Change of Major, Add Minor, Add Additional Major
- Major Standing Application
- Petition of Exception
- Preliminary Graduation Review
- Request to Participate in Commencement Ceremony
- Request to Enroll in Graduate Course
- Register for Special Topics Course
- Override Request - Undergraduate
- Prerequisite Waiver Request - Undergraduate
- Independent Study / Project / Thesis Approval
- SECS Undergraduate Request for Incomplete Grade
Plan of Study Forms
- Plan of Study: Computer Engineering
- Plan of Study: Computer Science
- Plan of Study: Electrical Engineering
- Plan of Study: Bioengineering
- Plan of Study: Engineering Chemistry
- Plan of Study: Engineering Physics
- Plan of Study: Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Plan of Study: Information Technology
- Plan of Study: Mechanical Engineering