255 Engineering Center
Please call for an appointment
Adviser meetings are currently by appointment only.
Students may sign up for 20-minute walk-in appointments in EC 255. These will run from 9-11 a.m. and 1:30-3:00 p.m. daily.
Advisers will be working with students exclusively on Winter 2015 scheduling related issues. If you are a prospective student or are a current student looking to address anything unrelated to Winter 2015, you are encouraged to make an appointment for after Jan. 16.
Have a great holiday!
Take the initiative
Our advisers are here to help you throughout your educational journey with the School of Engineering and Computer Science, but the first step can only be taken by YOU! Take the initiative and begin today by setting up an appointment with an adviser. Call (248) 370-2201.
You should also keep the following in mind:
- Be aware of important deadlines.
- Understand requirements for your major and degree.
- Learn to make decisions. Advisers can present options, but you must make the decisions.
- Ask questions if anything is unclear.
Schedule your advising appointment early before registration begins.
- Prepare a list of questions or concerns before your appointment.
- Bring your plan of study; bring copies of other relevant materials.
- Write down your current schedule and a tentative plan for the next semester.
- If you are a transfer student, bring a copy of your transfer credit evaluation or transcripts.
- Keep copies of your relevant academic records.
- Follow through on referrals and recommendations made during the advising session.
- Consult with your academic adviser before making drastic changes to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Be aware of important deadlines, policies, and procedures. Read the academic catalog, especially the part about academic policies and procedures.
- Make final decisions and take responsibility for your academic success.
Read the academic catalog, especially the part about academic policies and procedures.
The academic advisers at the School of Engineering and Computer Science provide students and potential students with important educational, procedural and informational support. Our advisers are knowledgeable about the university’s policies and procedures, the requirements for successful enrollment within the school, and the best ways to achieve your educational goals at OU.
Our academic advisers can:
- help you prepare for and plan your academic career
- provide you with educational and career counseling
- empower you with relevant and vital information regarding your degree program, opportunities to become more involved at OU and different student support services
- help you reach your full potential as you pursue your educational and career goals
The team at the School of Engineering and Computer Science Advising Office is here to help you. Call (248) 370-2201 to set up an appointment.
Academic Adviser/Program Coordinator
Director, SECS Advising
For your convenience, the following are some of the forms used in the School of Engineering and Computer Science Advising Office. Feel free to download, print, fill out and submit these forms. All of these forms can also be found in the Advising Office, 159 Dodge Hall of Engineering.
Undergraduate Student Forms
- Building Entrance Access Request
- Key Request Form
- Course Evaluations
- Transfer Course Request
- How to calculate Major GPA
- Change of Major, Add Minor, Add Additional Major
- Major Standing Application
- Petition of Exception
- Preliminary Graduation Review
- Request to Participate in Commencement Ceremony
- Request to Enroll in Graduate Course
- Register for Special Topics Course
- Override Request - Undergraduate
- Prerequisite Waiver Request - Undergraduate
- Independent Study / Project / Thesis Approval
- SECS Undergraduate Request for Incomplete Grade
Plan of Study Forms
- Plan of Study: Computer Engineering
- Plan of Study: Computer Science
- Plan of Study: Electrical Engineering
- Plan of Study: Bioengineering
- Plan of Study: Engineering Chemistry
- Plan of Study: Engineering Physics
- Plan of Study: Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Plan of Study: Information Technology
- Plan of Study: Mechanical Engineering