255 Engineering Center
Please call for an appointment
An adviser will typically be available on Wednesdays for quick questions from 9:00AM - 11:00AM and 1:30PM - 3:30PM Walk-in advising is a 5 to 10-minute advising session on a first come, first served basis. Appointments are required for students seeking scheduling and registration advice.
Get ready for full-year registration in March:
- Please call (248) 370-2201, or stop by EC 255, to schedule an appointment, the sooner the better!
- Click here to see the day you get to register.
- OU did move to a new registration system within SAIL called Banner XE. This website will take you to some tutorials on how the new registration system works.
- OU is changing to a 4-digit course numbering system. The new four digit numbers will go into effect starting the Fall 2017 semester. This website has a course renumbering document on it that can be used to look up every course and new course number at Oakland University.
- Fall 2017 bills will be due 2 or 3 weeks ahead of the semester. Click here for more information.
Macomb University Center Advising
Advising is now available in Macomb County twice monthly. To make an appointment please call (248) 370-2201
Take the initiative
Our advisers are here to help you throughout your educational journey with the School of Engineering and Computer Science, but the first step can only be taken by YOU! Take the initiative and begin today by setting up an appointment with an adviser. Call (248) 370-2201.
You should also keep the following in mind:
- Be aware of important deadlines.
- Understand requirements for your major and degree.
- Learn to make decisions. Advisers can present options, but you must make the decisions.
- Ask questions if anything is unclear.
Schedule your advising appointment early before registration begins.
- Prepare a list of questions or concerns before your appointment.
- Bring your plan of study; bring copies of other relevant materials.
- Write down your current schedule and a tentative plan for the next semester.
- If you are a transfer student, bring a copy of your transfer credit evaluation or transcripts.
- Keep copies of your relevant academic records.
- Follow through on referrals and recommendations made during the advising session.
- Consult with your academic adviser before making drastic changes to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Be aware of important deadlines, policies, and procedures. Read the academic catalog, especially the part about academic policies and procedures.
- Make final decisions and take responsibility for your academic success.
Read the academic catalog, especially the part about academic policies and procedures.
The academic advisers at the School of Engineering and Computer Science provide students and potential students with important educational, procedural and informational support. Our advisers are knowledgeable about the university’s policies and procedures, the requirements for successful enrollment within the school, and the best ways to achieve your educational goals at OU.
Our academic advisers can:
- help you prepare for and plan your academic career
- provide you with educational and career counseling
- empower you with relevant and vital information regarding your degree program, opportunities to become more involved at OU and different student support services
- help you reach your full potential as you pursue your educational and career goals
The team at the School of Engineering and Computer Science Advising Office is here to help you. Call (248) 370-2201 to set up an appointment.
Director, SECS Advising
Senior Academic Adviser
Download, electronically complete, print, sign and submit the Undergraduate Student Forms to the Academic Advising Office (255 Engineering Center).
Undergraduate Student Forms
- Change of Major
- Major Standing Application
- Petition of Exception
- Course Prerequisite Waiver Request
- Course Override Request
- Preliminary Graduation Review
- Request to Enroll in Graduate Course
- Register for Special Topics (LAB) Course
Undergraduate Plans of Study
- Plan of Study: Computer Engineering
- Plan of Study: Computer Science
- Plan of Study: Electrical Engineering
- Plan of Study: Bioengineering
- Plan of Study: Engineering Chemistry
- Plan of Study: Engineering Physics
- Plan of Study: Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Plan of Study: Information Technology
- Plan of Study: Mechanical Engineering
Other SECS Forms