Ph.D. University of Illinois, Urbana
Biomedical Imaging; Digital Image Processing; Digital Signal Processing
Image reconstruction, evaluation, and analysis in emission computed tomography
· A. Rahmim and J. Tang, “Noise propagation in resolution modeled PET imaging and its impact on detectability”, Phys. Med. Biol., 58 (19), 6945-68, 2013.
· A. Rahmim, J. Tang, and H. Zaidi, “Four-dimensional image reconstruction strategies in cardiac-gated and respiratory-gated PET imaging”, PET Clinics, 8, 51-67, 2013.
· L. Lu, N. A. Karakatsanis, J. Tang, W. Chen, and A. Rahmim, "3.5D dynamic PET image reconstruction incorporating kinetics-based clusters" Phys. Med. Biol., 57 (15), 5035-5055, 2012.
· A. Rahmim, Y. Zhou, J. Tang, L. Lu, V. Sossi, and D. F. Wong, "Direct 4D parametric imaging for linearized models of reversibly binding PET tracers using generalized AB-EM reconstruction ", Phys. Med. Biol., 57 (3), 733-755, 2012.
· J. Tang, W. P. Segars, T.-S. Lee, X. He, A. Rahmim, and B. M. W. Tsui, “Quantitative study of cardiac motion estimation and abnormality classification in emission tomography”, Med. Eng. Phys., 33 (5), 563-572, 2011.
· J. Tang, T.-S. Lee, X. He, W. P. Segars, and B. M. W. Tsui, “Comparing 3D OS-EM and 4D RBI-MAP-EM reconstruction algorithms for cardiac motion abnormality classification using a motion observer”, IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci., 57 (5), 2571-2577, 2010.
· J. Tang, H. Kuwabara, D. F. Wong, and A. Rahmim, “Direct 4D reconstruction of parametric brain images incorporating anato-functional joint entropy”, Phys. Med. Biol., 55 (15), 4261-4272, 2010.
· A. Rahmim, J. Tang, and H. Zaidi, “Four-dimensional image reconstruction strategies in dynamic PET: Beyond conventional independent frame reconstruction", Med. Phys., 36 (8), 3654-70, 2009.
· J. Tang and A. Rahmim, “Bayesian PET image reconstruction incorporating anoto-functional joint entropy”, Phys. Med. Biol., 54 (23), 7063-75, 2009.
· J. Tang, A. Rahmim, R. Lautamäki, M. A. Lodge, F. M. Bengel, and B. M. W. Tsui, “Optimization of Rb-82 PET acquisition and reconstruction protocols for myocardial perfusion defect detection”, Phys. Med. Biol., 54 (10), 3161-71, 2009.
· A. Rahmim, J. Tang, M. A. Lodge, S. Lashkari, M. R. Ay, R. Lautamäki, B. M. W. Tsui, and F. M. Bengel, “Analytic system matrix resolution modeling in PET: An application to Rb-82 myocardial perfusion imaging”, Phys. Med. Biol., 53 (21), 5947-65, 2008.