- BSEE (Magna Cum Laude), University of Kentucky, 2000
- MSEE, University of Kentucky, 2003
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2005
- Embedded Systems Design
- Unmanned Systems
- Fault Tolerance and Reconfigurable Computing
- Biomedical Applications
- US$1,665,801 in total funding from NSF, DARPA, Chrysler, Ford, GM, and others
- PI and director of the NSF REU Site in the ECE Dept. at Oakland University, 2010 - current
- EGR280: Design and Analysis of Electromechanical Systems
- ECE470/570: Microprocessor-Based System Design
- ECE571: Mixed-Signal Embedded Systems
- ECE672: Fault-Tolerant Computing
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Senior Member
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Tau Beta Pi (TBP)
- Eta Kappa Nu (HKN)
- M. Ferrari, B. Harrison, O. Rawashdeh, R. Hammond, Y. Avery, M. Rawashdeh, W. Sa'deh, M. Maddens, “Clinical feasibility trial of a motion detection system for fall prevention in hospitalized older adult patients,” Geriatric Nursing, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 177-83, May 2012.
- R. AbuSleiman, O. Rawashdeh, and M. Siadat, "A Statistical Algorithm for Attitude Estimation from Real-time Aerial Video," AIAA Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and Communication, AIAA Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and Communication, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 322-337, 2010.
- Mohammad S. Sharawi, Osamah A. Rawashdeh and Daniel N. Aloi, "Design and Implementation of Embedded Printed Antenna Arrays in Small UAV Wing Structures," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, paper no: AP0908-0870.R2, accepted February 19, 2010.
- Osamah A. Rawashdeh and James E. Lumpp, Jr. “Run-Time Behavior of Ardea: A Dynamically Reconfiguring Distributed Embedded Control Architecture,” IEEE Aerospace Conference, IEEEAC Paper# 1516, March 2006.
- Osamah A. Rawashdeh, Garrett D. Chandler, and James E. Lumpp, Jr., “A UAV Test and Development Environment Based on Dynamic System Reconfiguration,” ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 30, Issue 4, Pages. 1-7, July 2005.
- Sumanth Chikkamaranahalli, R. Ryan Vallance, Afzal Khan, Eric R. Marsh, Osamah A. Rawashdeh, J. E. Lumpp, and Bruce L. Walcott, “Precision Instrument for Characterizing Shape Memory Alloy Wires in Bias Spring Actuation,” Review of Scientific Instruments Journal, Vol. 76-065105, June 2005.
- A. Simpson, O.A. Rawashdeh, S. Smith, J. Jacob, W. Smith, and J.E. Lumpp, JR., “BIG BLUE: A High-Altitude UAV Demonstrator of Mars Airplane Technology,” IEEE Aerospace Conference, Paper # 1436, March 2005.
- M. Sharawi and O. Rawashdeh, “Food Calorie Counting System,” US Patent No. US 8,330,057, Dec. 11, 2012.
- R. Vallance, B. Walcott, J. Lumpp, A. Balasubramanian, and O. Rawashdeh, "Linear actuator using shape memory wire with controller," U.S. Patent No. 7,555,900, July 7, 2009.
- F. Abu-Farha, J. Roth, and O. Rawashdeh, "Controlled Balanced Biaxial Testing Apparatus using a Self-Centering Four-Jaw Chuck," U.S. Provisional Patent No. 61/090633, filed August 2008.
- Vallance, R.R., S. Chikkamaranahalli, O.A. Rawashdeh, J.E. Lumpp, B. Walcott, and E. Wolsing, “System and Device for Characterizing Shape Memory Alloy Wires,” U.S. Patent No. 6,916,115, July 12, 2005.