- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2006
- M.S. in Physics, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, 2002
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China, 1993
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China, 1988
Current Research Interest
- Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- CMOS-MEMS technology
- CMOS-MEMS inertial sensors
- Physiological and security monitoring using CMOSMEMS devices
- Nanotechnology and devices
- MEMS/NEMS modeling
- Hongwei Qu and Huikai Xie, “Plasma-Process Based Microfabrication Technology for Comb-Drive based MEMS Devices”, Journal of Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems, in submission.
- Shane T. Todd, Ankur Jain, Hongwei Qu and Huikai Xie, "A Multi-Degree-of-Freedom Micromirror Utilizing Inverted-Series-Connected Bimorph Actuators," Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, in print.
- Anwar Sadat, Hongwei Qu, Chuanzhao Yu, Jiann S. Yuan, Huikai Xie, “Low Power CMOS Wireless MEMS Motion Sensor for Physiological Activity Monitoring”, IEEE Transactions on Circuit and Systems-I, Vol. 52, No. 12, (2005), pp. 2539-2551.
- Ankur Jain, Hongwei Qu, Shane Todd, Huikai Xie, “A Thermal Bimorph Micromirror with Large Bi- Directional and Vertical Actuation”, Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 122, (2005), pp. 9-15.
- Hongwei Qu, Deyou Fang and Huikai Xie, “A CMOSMEMS 3-Axis Accelerometer with Low-Power, Low- Noise, Dual-Chopper Amplifier”, Proceedings of Hilton Head 2006: Solid-State Sensor, Actuator and Microsystems Workshop, June 4-8, 2006, Hilton Head Island, SC, pp. 224-227.
- Deyou Fang, Hongwei Qu and Huikai Xie, “A 1mW Dual-Chopper Amplifier for a 50 mg/ÖHz CMOSMEMS Capacitive Accelerometer”, Technical Digest of 2006 Symposium on VLSI Circuits, June 15-17, 2006, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Cheng-Kuan Lu, Hongwei Qu, Darrin Young and Huikai Xie, “CMOS MEMS Accelerometer for Long- Term in vivo Real-time Small Animal Biological Monitoring”, IEEE Sensors 2005, October 31- November 3, 2005, Irvine, California.
- Shane Todd, Ankur Jain, Hongwei Qu and Huikai Xie, "A 3-D Micromirror Utilizing Inverting-Series- Connected Electrothermal Bimorph Actuators for Piston and Tilt Motion," 2005 IEEE/LEOS International Conference on Optical MEMS, August 1- 4, 2005, Oulu, Finland.
- Hongwei Qu, Deyou Fang, Huikai Xie, “A Singlecrystal Silicon 3-axis CMOS-MEMS Accelerometer”, IEEE Sensors 2004, October 24-27, 2004, Vienna, Austria.
- Ankur Jain, Hongwei Qu, Shane Todd, Huikai Xie, “Electrothermal SCS Micromirror with Large-Vertical- Displacement Actuation”, Hilton Head 2004: Solid- State Sensor, Actuator and Microsystems Workshop, pp. 228-231, June 6-10, 2004, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
- Hongwei Qu, Deyou Fang, Anwar Sadat, Jiann S. Yuan, Huikai Xie, “High Resolution Integrated Microgyroscope for Space Applications”, 41st Space Congress, April 27-30, 2004, Cape Canaveral, Florida.