- Successful ISE alum gives back to school and community
- ISE@OU works with R&E Automated Systems and Siemens to enhance Sharf CIM Lab's conveyor system
- Professor Oakley's Wall Street Journal op-ed on "How we should be teaching math"
- Professor Oakley on Learning the Language of Numbers in US News & World Report
- ISE@OU and SBA offers joint course on how to compete in a connected world
- ISE@OU students talk about their internship experiences
- ISE@OU works with Fulcrum Edge Inc. to offer new project management course
- ISE@OU teams with industry to offer 4 new courses for students and engineering professionals
- Master's in Engineering Management offers new Energy Management concentration
- ISE@OU teams with Sustainable Lean LLC on ISE 581 Lean Principles and Application course
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Welcome to the Industrial and Systems Engineering Dept.
What do Industrial and Systems Engineers and Engineering Managers do? They figure out how to do things better - by leading the design of products, processes and systems that improve quality and productivity. It's why more and more companies are hiring as well as promoting them in industries such as automotive, energy, advanced and digital manufacturing, healthcare, defense, logistics, service and others.
The ISE Dept. offers the following undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering B.S.E.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering M.S.
- Engineering Management M.S. (in cooperation with the School of Business Administration - on campus or online)
- Systems Engineering Ph.D.
- Graduate Certificate in Productivity Improvement
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering carries out the mission of the School of Engineering and Computer Science by offering an undergraduate major in Industrial and Systems Engineering. The department also offers master's programs in Industrial and Systems Engineering as well as in Engineering Management in cooperation with the School of Business Administration, and a doctoral program in Systems Engineering.
Who are ISE Department Alumni?
You are an alumnus of the ISE Department if you graduated from any of the following programs:
- B.S.E. in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Engineering Management
- Ph.D. in Systems Engineering
- B.S. in Systems Engineering - Manufacturing Option
- M.S. in Systems Engineering - Manufacturing Option
All alumni are asked to contact Professor Robert Van Til (firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-370-2211) to provide, or update, your ISE Dept. contact information.
Join ISE@OU on Linkedin
Alumni are invited to join our ISE@OU Networking & Mentoring group on Linkedin. This private, by invitation only group, provides a platform for ISE and EM alumni to network. It also allows alumni to e-mentor our current students. Please contact Professor Robert Van Til if you are interested in joining.
ISE Alumni Survey
If you are an Alumnus of our ISE Bachelor's program, please spend a few minutes taking the ISE@OU Alumni Survey. This survey is an important part of our continuous improvement process, thanks.
- Kerry Coran, Lean Practitioner, Genesys Health System
- Kevin Dahm, Supervising Engineer, DTE Energy Co.
- Greggory R. Garrett, CEO & Managing Director, CGS Advisors LLC
- Cameron T. Hill, Workplace Organization Lead, World Class Manufacturing, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Patrick Hillberg, Solution Architect, Siemens PLM Software Corp.
- Doneen McDowell, Plant Manager, Detroit Hamtramck Assembly Plant, General Motors Corp.
- Steve Savoie, Head of Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Bryan Talbert, Container Quality & Procurement Support Manager, General Motors Corp.
- Anthony Verrino, Head of Stamping Manufacturing Control Operations, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Gary Warren, Operations Manager, Rayconnect Inc.
These courses are designed with the working engineer in mind, with an heavy emphasis on engineering tools and industrial applications, rather than on theory. They are taught by OU faculty experts as well as by experts from industry, and are open to engineers from any field (ISE, ME, EE, CE, etc.) - no preliminary courses are required.
See Professional and Workforce Development Courses section for a list of current offerings. Contact Professor Robert Van Til at (248) 370-2211, or email@example.com if you have any questions or need more information.