- ISE one of the hottest jobs for 2016
- ISE@OU and Pawley Lean Institute team-up with U. of M.'s Tauber Institute to teach students about Lean
- Pontiac K-12 students visit ISE Dept. to conduct Lean and PLM projects
- online Engineering Management program named to list of top 50 in U.S.
- ISE@OU graduate students conduct lean project with Independence Township
- Professor Oakley's online course is the world's most popular
- Major companies partner with ISE students to solve real-world problems in capstone course
- AT&T grant supports ISE Dept. and Pawley Lean Institute's High School Student Workshops program
- ISE@OU graduate begins career at Disney World
- Master's in Engineering Management offers Energy Management concentration
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Welcome to the Industrial and Systems Engineering Dept.
What do Industrial and Systems Engineers and Engineering Managers do? They figure out how to do things better - by leading the design of products, processes and systems that improve quality and productivity. It's why more and more companies are hiring as well as promoting them in industries such as automotive, energy, advanced and digital manufacturing, healthcare, defense, logistics, service and others.
The ISE Dept. offers the following undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering B.S.E.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering M.S.
- Engineering Management M.S. (in cooperation with the School of Business Administration - on campus or online)
- Systems Engineering Ph.D.
- Graduate Certificate in Productivity Improvement
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering carries out the mission of the School of Engineering and Computer Science by offering an undergraduate major in Industrial and Systems Engineering. The department also offers master's programs in Industrial and Systems Engineering as well as in Engineering Management in cooperation with the School of Business Administration, and a doctoral program in Systems Engineering.
Who are ISE Department Alumni?
You are an alumnus of the ISE Department if you graduated from any of the following programs:
- B.S.E. in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Engineering Management
- Ph.D. in Systems Engineering
- B.S. in Systems Engineering - Manufacturing Option
- M.S. in Systems Engineering - Manufacturing Option
All alumni are asked to contact Professor Robert Van Til (email@example.com, 248-370-2211) to provide, or update, your ISE Dept. contact information.
Join ISE@OU on Linkedin
Alumni are invited to join our ISE@OU Networking & Mentoring group on Linkedin. This private, by invitation only group, provides a platform for ISE and EM alumni to network. It also allows alumni to e-mentor our current students. Please contact Professor Robert Van Til if you are interested in joining.
ISE Alumni Survey
If you are an Alumnus of our ISE Bachelor's program, please spend a few minutes taking the ISE@OU Alumni Survey. This survey is an important part of our continuous improvement process, thanks.
- Kerry Coran, Lean Practitioner, Genesys Health System
- Kevin Dahm, Supervising Engineer, DTE Energy Co.
- Greggory R. Garrett, CEO & Managing Director, CGS Advisors LLC
- Cameron T. Hill, Workplace Organization Lead, World Class Manufacturing, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Patrick Hillberg, Solution Architect, Siemens PLM Software Corp.
- Doneen McDowell, Executive Director, Global/GMNA Manufacturing Engineering - Vehicle Systems, General Motors Corp.
- Steve Savoie, Head of Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Michael Sigelko, Chief Body Architect, General Motors Corp.
- Bryan Talbert, Container Quality & Procurement Support Manager, General Motors Corp.
- Anthony Verrino, Head of Stamping Manufacturing Control Operations, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Gary Warren, Operations Manager, Rayconnect Inc.
These courses are designed with the working engineer in mind, with an heavy emphasis on engineering tools and industrial applications, rather than on theory. They are taught by OU faculty experts as well as by experts from industry, and are open to engineers from any field (ISE, ME, EE, CE, etc.) - no preliminary courses are required.
See Professional and Workforce Development Courses section for a list of current offerings. Contact Professor Robert Van Til at (248) 370-2211, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need more information.