Registrar Services Location

North Foundation Hall, Room 160
318 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, MI 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-3450

Office Hours:
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Office of the Registrar

O'Dowd Hall, Room 100
586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
(location map)
Fax: (248) 370-2586

Dismissal Appeal Form

Complete this appeal form if you believe there are valid reasons to review your dismissal.

This appeal will be reviewed by the Academic Standing and Honors Committee of the University Senate. If your appeal is approved, you will be allowed to continue at Oakland University on a semester-by-semester basis. You will become part of the Dismissal Option Status Program and must meet all requirements of that status as prescribed by the Academic Standing and Honors Committee. Winter 2018 dismissal appeals must be received via email at by Thursday, December 28, 2017 no later than 5:00 p.m. Appeals will not be accepted after this date and time. The Academic Standing and Honors Committee will meet Wednesday, January 3, 2018 to consider all appeals.

If you appeal your dismissal, you should continue to attend classes until you have been notified of the action taken on your appeal. In the event that your appeal is denied, there is no appeal to the final decision that has been decided. If you decide not to appeal your dismissal or if your appeal is denied, you will be withdrawn from all future courses.

All documentation supporting your claim and your Dismissal Appeal Form must be emailed to by the deadline date and time (Thursday, December 28, 2017, no later than 5:00 p.m.), no exceptions. Supporting documentation should be on professional stationery or forms including the following:

  • Your name
  • The date(s) and nature of circumstances
  • Signature, address, and telephone number of the person providing the information

Additional documentation must be submitted by email to

If you have been absent from the university for six or more years, or if you have been dismissed for unsatisfactory academic progress, apply for readmission through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.