Apply for Graduation
All students must apply to graduate by submitting an Application for Degree online. Apply to graduate for the term you will complete your program requirements. Use the table below to find your deadline to apply.
|December (after Fall)||Last Friday in September||Fall Ceremony|
|April (after Winter)||Last Friday in January||Spring Ceremony|
|June (after Summer I)||Last Friday in January||Spring Ceremony|
|August (after Summer II)||Last Friday in June||Fall Ceremony|
Run a degree evaluation by logging into SAIL and clicking on Progress to Degree.
Meet with your academic adviser to ensure you have declared your major(s) and minor(s) and that you have met your degree requirements.
1. Log into your MySAIL account (using your NetID and password).
2. Select SAIL from the menu bar on the right side of the page.
3. Select Student Services and then Student Records.
4. Click on Apply to Graduate.
5. Be sure to read the directions at the top of each page.
6. Select the most current term from the menu.
7. Verify your curriculum, if all of your majors/minors/concentrations are correct, click continue.
If your curriculum is not correct, contact your Advising Office.
Do not select based upon the commencement ceremony you want to attend.
9. Indicate if you plan to attend the graduation ceremony.
You will order tickets for your guests later.
10. Select your current name. You can edit your name if boxes appear.
11. Select your primary address or enter the mailing address where we should send your diploma six weeks after the end of the term if different.
12. Carefully verify the Graduation Application summary
Did you select the correct graduation date and term?
Is your name entered exactly the way you want it to appear on the diploma?
Is the diploma mailing address accurate for where you will live six weeks after the semester?
Are all of your majors/minors/concentrations listed?
13. If everything is correct, click Submit Request. If something isn't correct, get help here.
14. Follow the directions to reserve tickets for commencement.