Follow these steps to ensure you are on track and eligible for graduation.
MEET WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISER
Meet with your academic adviser to ensure that you have met your degree requirements and you have declared your major(s) and minor(s).
The Office of the Registrar conducts an official graduation audit and obtains approvals from the academic units. A final graduation list is produced approximately eight weeks after the last day of final exams for that semester or session. Diplomas are mailed to the address provided on the Application for Degree.
All students must apply to graduate by submitting an Application for Degree online. Apply to graduate for the term you will complete your program requirements. Use the table below to find your deadline to apply.
|Last Courses Completed in:||Graduation Application Opens:||Graduation Application Closes:||Participate in Commencement:|
|December||April 1||Last Friday in September||Fall Ceremony (December)|
|April||August 1||Last Friday in January||Spring Ceremony (May)|
Last Friday in January
Last Friday in May
Spring Ceremony (May)
Follow these steps to apply to graduate online. Read all instructions on each page. If you need help applying, follow these instructions.
- Log into MySAIL using your NetID and password.
- Select SAIL from the menu bar.
- Select Student Services, then Student Records, then Apply to Graduate.
- Select the most current term.
- Verify your curriculum. If it's incorrect, contact your academic adviser.
- Select the last date of the semester in which you will finish all of your degree requirements. Do not select a date based on the commencement ceremony you want to attend.
- Indicate if you plan to attend the commencement ceremony.
- Select a name for your diploma. You can edit your name if boxes appear.
- Select your primary address or enter the mailing address where your diploma should be sent (diplomas are sent six weeks after the end of each term).
- Verify the summary. Before you click Submit Request verify that:
- You selected the correct graduation date and term
- Your name is entered exactly the way you want it to appear on your diploma
- The diploma mailing address is accurate for where you will live six weeks after graduation
- All your majors/minors/concentrations are listed and correct
- Follow the directions to reserve tickets for commencement.
You must attend the commencement fair — held once in the fall and once in the spring — if you are planning on participating in commencement. At the fair, you can:
- pick up commencement tickets
- buy regalia
- order a class ring
- get a diploma frame
- take graduation photos
- sign up for your free OU Alumni Association membership