- Board of Trustees appoint George W. Hynd as OU's new president
- Detroit Free Press: New Oakland University President George Hynd puts focus on brand identity
- Faculty and staff fund their passion by giving back to Oakland University
- George Hynd on WJR with Paul W.
- Oakland University President George Hynd visits WXOU
- OU President George Hynd on Frank Beckmann
- The Oakland Post: Newly-appointed OU President George Hynd pushes for sense of community
Office of the President
Oakland University welcomes George W. Hynd
Hynd joins Oakland University as its sixth president, succeeding Betty J. Youngblood, who had served as interim president since July 2013.
|George W. Hynd was appointed as Oakland University's sixth president at the July 9, 2014, special board of trustees meeting.|
With more than 40 years of educational experience, Hynd's career includes a number of other leadership roles at nationally-recognized universities. Most recently, Dr. Hynd served as provost and executive vice president of Academic Affairs for the College of Charleston (South Carolina). Read more about Hynd's many accomplishments, career, and education.