Wade H. McCree Incentive Scholarship Program
The Wade H. McCree Scholarship Program provides academic and social support to public students in Detroit, Pontiac and Oak Park who are selected by their school districts. McCree students are eligible for full tuition scholarships to Oakland University if they meet the scholarship criteria of a 3.0 GPA and a composite score of 21 on the ACT or the SAT equivalent.
Being a Wade H. McCree Scholar gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment. I am earning my degree at OU for free! Having the opportunity to do what most only dream about is amazing! I consider myself very fortunate to be one of the few students who have the privilege to say that they are a part of this scholarship program. I view the Wade H. McCree scholarship as a reward for all of my hard work and dedication throughout high school. It has helped me greatly in my academic endeavors and I am truly blessed.
~Anya Harris, Pontiac High School Graduate
- Freshman – induction ceremony at OU
- Sophomore – Saturday campus visit at OU
- Junior – Grizzly Day campus visit to OU; Entrepreneurship Summer Camp
- Senior – Dinner at OU
- Renaissance Festival Trip
- Summer Camp Mentors
- Opportunity to dual enroll at OU
- Opportunity to attend athletic events at OU
- Opportunity to attend academic and culturally enriched programs at OU
Past Scholar Recipients
Oak Park High School Scholars
Pontiac High School Scholars