- Award winning Model UN team returns from conference with exceptional honors
- OU students publish national journal on politics
- Political Science honor society inducts its largest class
- Political Science students heading to Sochi to skate in Winter Olympics
- Scholarship sends student to Morocco to study Arabic
- Student delegates impress at regional conference
- Students shine at national political science conference
Our department is home to 4 degree programs - the BA in Political Science, the BS in Public Administration and Public Policy; and our newest program, the BA in International Relations. We also offer an MPA in Public Administration, the largest graduate program in the College of Arts and Sciences. We have excellent faculty who have come to OU from across the nation and world to provide you an excellent educational experience. Our faculty truly fit the scholar-teacher model as their first-class research helps inform and enhance their outstanding work in the classroom. We offer courses on topics ranging from the presidency to politics and the Internet, from religion and politics to the court system, from human rights to the politics of terrorism, and human resources to public budgeting. We also offer a number of general education courses in the areas of social science, western civilization, global perspectives, and U.S. diversity.
Many of our students are looking to prepare for careers in government, law, practical politics like campaigning and lobbying, or the teaching of government and social studies. Students earning a degree from the political science department also go on to careers in the non-profit and business sectors and a wide range of graduate programs. However, a degree from our department is, at its heart, a liberal arts degree, which will help you develop skills like critical thinking, writing, data analysis, and other skills that employers report they are looking for.