- Business and Finance
- 200 Authorized Signers
- 206 Cellular Phones
- 207 Business Expenditures
- 208 Business Meals and Hosting Expense
- 210 Cash Receipts
- 212 Bankcard Information Security Requirements
- 218 Entry Data Standards for Sungard Higher Education Banner Users
- 225 Funding Positions - Regulations and Procedures
- 240 Interdepartmental Charges (IDC)
- 250 Memberships And Subscriptions
- 257 Moving Expenses
- 262 Tax Classifications - Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- 266 Petty Cash
- 270 Sales and Use Tax on Rental Property
- 275 Special Checks
- Facilities and Property
- 300 Air Conditioning and Heating
- 310 Building Alterations, Renovations and/or Modifications
- 315 Routine Maintenance, Capital Asset Management, and Miscellaneous Facilities Management Departmental Services
- 320 Campus Signs
- 350 Key Control
- 360 Property Management
- 365 Surplus Property Disposal
- 370 Use of Oakland University Facilities
- 380 Work Orders
- 400 Alcoholic Beverages
- 402 Exceptions to Administrative Policies and Procedures
- 403 Alumni Relations
- 406 Conflict of Interest Policy
- 409 The Constitution of The Oakland University Senate
- 410 Contracting and Employment Appointment Authority
- 412 Detection of and Response to Identity Theft Red Flags
- 415 Distribution of Materials on Campus
- 423 Flags at Half-Staff
- 430 Freedom Of Information Act
- 435 Games of Chance Procedures
- 455 Death of Faculty, Staff and Retiree and Floral Tributes
- 460 Oakland University Memorial Grove
- 465 Patent Policy And Procedures
- 470 Release of Student Educational Records
- 475 Non-Smoking Policy
- 480 University Archives
- 481 Records Retention and Disposal
- 482 University Closing
- 483 Parking During A Snow Emergency
- 486 University Posting Policy
- 490 Vending And Game Machine Placement Policy
- 491 Vending Machine Financial Policy
- Communications and Marketing
- Gifts and Grants
- Health and Safety
- 605 Crisis Management Team
- 610 Driving Practices and Standards
- 615 Animals in University Facilities and on University Grounds
- 620 Environmental Health and Fire Safety
- 640 Oakland University Ordinances
- 642 Police Department-Parking Regulations
- 648 Police Department-Vehicles On Campus Sidewalks And Lawns
- 655 Radio Communications Systems
- 674 Surveillance and Monitoring Technology
- 675 Safety and Security Alarm Systems
- Human Resources
- 704 Internal Promotions and Transfers
- 706 Termination/Leave of Absence/Layoff and Return
- 710 Administrative Guidelines Prohibiting Discrimination
- 711 Guidelines for Handling Discrimination Complaints
- 712 Administrative Guidelines Supporting the Equal Opportunity Policy
- 718 Employment of High School Students and Minors
- 725 Filling Vacancies Of Non-Faculty Positions
- 750 Oakland University Faculty Hiring Procedures
- 770 Temporary and Casual Employees
- Information Technology
- Purchasing and Risk Management
- University Services
200 Authorized Signers
|AUTHORIZING BODY:||PRESIDENT'S EXECUTIVE COUNCIL|
|RESPONSIBLE OFFICE:||CONTROLLER'S OFFICE|
|DATE ISSUED:||DECEMBER 1982|
|LAST UPDATE:||JANUARY 2008|
RATIONALE: An Authorized Signer’s policy is necessary as an internal control mechanism for safeguarding Oakland University (University) financial assets.
POLICY: Prior to an employee initiating financial transactions on behalf of the University, an Approved Signature Card must be on file in the Accounts Payable Office. The Approved Signature Card must include the signatures of the employee and authorized supervisor.
SCOPE AND APPLICABILITY: All University faculty and staff are required to comply with this policy.
Signature Authority Hierarchy
Signature authority can be assigned for a specific Fund or Org.
Example: An employee may be authorized for a specific Fund or for all of the Funds in the employee’s department by assigning authority to the entire Org.An employee assigned signature authority to a predecessor Org has signature authority over all Orgs and Funds reporting to that predecessor Org.
Example: Departmental Orgs fall hierarchically under divisional Orgs (predecessor Orgs), therefore, an employee having divisional signature authority also has departmental signature authority for all departments in the division.Assigning Signature Authority
New Employees / Transfers
Departments must submit to the Accounts Payable Office an Approved Signature Card for each employee who approves voucher payments, journal vouchers or payroll records.
A separate Approved Signature Card must be submitted for each Authorized Signer.
Students can not be Authorized Signers.
Departments are responsible for informing the Accounts Payable Office when a person is no longer an Authorized Signer.
New Funds / Organizations
Signature authority for new Funds or Orgs is requested by completing the Chart of Accounts Request Form (available on the Accounting Office website). The Accounting Office will send Signature Cards to employees as required.
The Office of Research Administration will send Signature Cards to the principal investigators for all new grant Funds. The beginning and ending date of the grant should be noted on Signature Cards.
View Appendix 200.1 to review the Signature Card. Signature cards are available from the Accounts Payable Office in 121 West Vandenberg Hall.
RELATED POLICIES AND FORMS: