The OUWC isn’t just for undergraduates. Graduate students occupy a writing-rich environment, one in which they must write on demand. Our staff includes university faculty and graduate students who can offer assistance as you:
- Draft or revise a manuscript for publication
- Craft an assignment
- Document accomplishments for tenure review
- Compose a thesis or dissertation
- Assemble a teaching portfolio
- Construct a personal statement
- Revise a curriculum vitae
- Generate a proposal or mission statement
- Prepare a syllabus, scaffold assignments, and offer feedback to student submissions
If you are about to commence your thesis or dissertation project, you will want to inquire about Dissertation 101: A Writing and Research Intervention for Graduate Writers
, which is co-facilitated each semester by Sherry Wynn Perdue, Director, Oakland University Writing Center, and Anne Switzer, Outreach and Social Sciences Librarian.
For guidance on assignment construction and effective feedback, visit Assignment Construction Guidance.
To schedule an appointment, make a referral, or request an in-class seminar or consultation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or give us a call at (248) 370-3120.