If are interested in working for the Oakland University Writing Center, please contact Sherry Wynn Perdue, Director, via email at email@example.com
. Before you write, please examine the following prerequisites and guidelines:
- We only employ students who have successfully completed their first year writing requirements.
- Candidates must be at least half-time students in a qualified degree program. We cannot employ lifelong education students.
- We give priority to students who have completed WRT 320: Peer Tutoring in Composition. This class not only counts toward a major in Writing and Rhetoric, as well as some Education majors, it also fulfills a general education requirement.
- We seek consultants from all majors and academic standing--from undergraduates to doctoral candidates. Currently, our ranks include those from Education, Counseling, Psychology, English, Writing and Rhetoric, Art History, Music, Drama, and Finance. We would like to increase our representation, but the most important hiring factor is the applicant's ability to work one-on-one with writers, many of whom face significant stress.
- In addition to the application form, applicants must submit an instructor/supervisor recommendation, a resume, and a writing sample.
- Once you have been interviewed and offered a position, you need to complete the following student employment forrms: I-9, W-9, MI-W4, and the direct deposit authorization, which you must must submit to the Student Financial Services Office, 120 North Foundation Hall.