Mobile Navigation Menu Icon. 3 horizontal gold bars.

Office for Student Involvement

Oakland Center, Room 49
312 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, Michigan 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-2400

Office for Student Involvement

Oakland Center, Room 49
312 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, Michigan 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-2400

Table covered in a variety of forms and flyers

Services & Forms

The Center for Student Activities offers a number of services for students and departments at Oakland University including banner printing, equipment loan, posting printed materials, student organization mail services, storage units and room reservations. For more information, contact the Center for Student Activities.


Student Organizations that want to purchase a banner must fill out a Banner Request Form through GrizzOrgs. Banners are hung in the Oakland Center for one week prior to an event. If space is available, requests can be made for an extended period of time. Banners are printed on white paper that measures 36 inches high by 84 inches wide. Other size banners and posters may be requested, and prices vary depending on size. All requests for colors and graphics will be taken into consideration, but final approval is at the discretion of the Center for Student Activities. Banner costs start at $15. If a banner uses more than the average amount of ink additional charges in $15 increments. Requests received within one week of the date needed will incur a rush fee of $10 per banner. Click here for more information about tips and prices.

Organizations are responsible for contacting and obtaining permission to hang banners in buildings other than the Oakland Center, such as the Campus Recreation Center and Housing. Personal banners can be ordered but not on a priority basis, and must be paid for in full by check or cash upon receipt.


Equipment is loaned on a first come, first serve basis. It is recommended that equipment requests be made at least one week in advance. It is the student organization’s responsibility to pick up and return the equipment to the CSA office. If the Center for Student Activities is closed for the starting or ending time of the event, other arrangements will need to be made in advance to secure storage of the equipment. Organizations are responsible for all damage to equipment. Submit equipment request through GrizzOrgs here. Equipment available includes:

  • LCD projectors media cart
  • laptops
  • canopy
  • outdoor A-frames
  • quiz bowl sets
  • spotlights
Posting Printed Materials

Student organizations can advertise on the many bulletin boards on campus by contacting the Center for Student Activities. The CSA must approve all postings, and posting regulations must be followed or materials will be removed.

Limited printing and copying services under 25 prints or copies are available in the CSA. All organizations must use University Print Services for campus copying or printing and have prior approval. Student organizations cannot use Kinko’s or other printing services off-campus.


The CSA sends domestic faxes for personal use at a cost of $1.00 per page, excluding cover sheets. The CSA Office will send and receive domestic faxes on behalf of student organizations for organization-related business at no charge. Faxes are placed in the organization mailbox. Fax number: (248) 370-4337.

Mail Services

Each student organization has a mailbox in the CSA for both on and off-campus mail. The mailboxes may be used with approval for distributing notices promoting on or off campus activities, products or services. Organizations must remove their mail once per week. Mailboxes may not be used as storage.

Storage Units

Storage units are currently unavailable through the Center for Student Activities.

Availability and assignment of space is determined annually. If an organization receives storage unit privileges it must agree to the following:

  • All university policies and procedures apply to the use of the assigned storage space.
  • The storage of food and beverage is not permitted.
  • The storage of flammable materials is not permitted.
  • Student organizations cannot decorate the outside of their storage space.
  • There is no painting or writing permitted on any storage space.
  • Keys for the storage units can be signed out only by the organization’s executive board members.
  • There is a charge for lost keys.

Rent a locker for fall and winter semesters in the Oakland Center for $5 with a $5 refundable deposit.

Room Reservations

Room and table reservations for inside of the Oakland Center are coordinated by the Reservations office located in Oakland Center, room 118. To request a room, please fill out the Room Reservations form on GrizzOrgs. To request a room outside of the Oakland Center, Outdoors, or for a Bonfire, please fill out the Outdoor Events/Bonfire Request/Non-OC Room Reservations form on GrizzOrgs. Available rooms (outside of the OC) can be found here.


Information about university offices and services can be found in the Center for Student Activities. Many forms are now paperless and online. For more information, contact the Center for Student Activities.

Frequently Used Forms

Performance contracts: Should be used for performers, including DJs, speakers, bands and musicians. The Center for Student Activities reviews, negotiates and approves all performance contracts for student and Greek organizations.